Author Topic: thinking about doing a diesel conversion on my suburban  (Read 28192 times)

Offline 87suburban

• 1987 Chevy suburban 3/4 ton 4x4 350 TBI/ TH400
Re: thinking about doing a diesel conversion on my suburban
« Reply #45 on: March 20, 2011, 01:39:00 PM »
to go with an aftermarket cruise control kit, where would be a good place to look that would have one?

Offline Edahall

• Frequent Member
« Reply #46 on: March 21, 2011, 12:17:53 AM »
Here's one and yes, they're kind of pricey.  My experience with 6.2's is that I have never felt the need for a cruise control since these engines are kind of slow on the road.  I just keep in the right lane while people zoom on by and enjoy the scenery.

http://www.cruisecontrolking.com/chooseyourcruise.html
1990 ¾ ton 4x4 Chevy Suburban
-Cummins Diesel - 12 valve - factory rebuilt
-6 speed bullet proof manual transmission - NV5600
-Gear Vendors Overdrive
-Upgraded Holset HX-35 turbo
-NP205 iron transfer case
-3.73 gears
-2" Lift

Offline 87suburban

• 1987 Chevy suburban 3/4 ton 4x4 350 TBI/ TH400
« Reply #47 on: March 24, 2011, 09:39:16 PM »
hey got another question thats a little off topic, but the power window on the driver side door doesn't go up or down. at first i didn't think it was getting power to the motor, then i got another window motor and pulled the plug off the motor in my truck and plugged it in on the other motor. after i hooked up the power plug to the other motor and hit the switch, the other motor worked fine in both directions so i know its getting power to the motor. then i hooked another plug up to the motor and skinned the ends of the wires and tried to jump the motor, but nothing happens although it sounds like i can hear a "clicking" sound coming from it. i thought that maybe it was bound up, but i had the track completely loose and the motor still didn't do anything. now could it be possible that the motor went bad or did it simply just bind up somehow?

Offline jaredts

« Reply #48 on: March 29, 2011, 12:18:36 PM »
Chances are its the motor.  You'll have to tear into it either way.  There is a how-to on this site (maybe under the tech section) for removing the window and regulator.  If you haven't done this make sure and read the directions as the regulator has a counterbalance spring that'll hurt you.  Once you get it apart if you find the motor works with no load you might be able to find something bound up or needing lube, but I doubt it.