Author Topic: Hello all.  (Read 35391 times)

Offline jeremy.farlow

• Frequent Member
Re: Hello all.
« Reply #15 on: February 14, 2020, 11:35:31 PM »
Thank you.
I started off saying I know how fortunate I am. The movie stuff makes for awesome pictures. I enjoy joking with my girl about how great the pic of cutting the cannon out would work on Tinder... At days end, it’s a job. It pays well and the work can be fun, but the bosses also expect to get their money’s worth. I think we got 11 days from the BMW getting dropped off to cutting the cannon out. I think 6 or 7 days before we shipped the Charger off for paint. I remember I was off the clock when I loaded it on a Saturday morning. Can’t forget the call Sunday evening telling me the car was coming back... followed by another car... TBD... and SUV... we think. Should all be there by midday Wednesday at the latest. Still shoots Friday, rain or shine.
I’m mostly fortunate for the shop as well. I’ll REALLY be thankful when I don’t have to work outside on my hands and knees like an animal. When the movie company foots the bill I can call a rollback to stick a car INSIDE. On my on stuff I have to check the weather. It rained a lot last week...
Again, thanks all for the kind words. I hope to continue keeping everyone entertained... or at least amused. If there’s anyone in the Atlanta area that wants to come by, shoot me a line. The beers always cold and plentiful if you like High Life.

Jeremy

Offline JAH

• Registered Users
« Reply #16 on: February 15, 2020, 01:11:41 AM »
Jeremy, your shop could keep my mind and hands occupied 24/7...and I don't know how to use 90% of the stuff in it. (*I have the mechanical aptitude of a turnip.  Heck, I feel like Joe Martin every time I successfully change the oil, or a fuel filter, on one of the trucks.  :o)

If I lived near Atlanta, I'd get your permission to spend my days there, and have you share all your knowledge with me. :)

I'd happily serve as your lackey, just for the pleasure of learning.
I spent most of my money on Jack Daniel's, Copenhagen, pocket knives, and 4X4 trucks.  The rest I just wasted.

Offline jeremy.farlow

• Frequent Member
« Reply #17 on: February 15, 2020, 06:32:13 AM »
I’m my own proud lackey. But if you can operate a broom you are more than welcome.
Happy day after Valentine’s Day.  Missus and I got into it. Stupid Ford. I opted to wear my shoulder and bead roller out instead of her.

I made a die...

I did actually wear out both my shoulder and the bead roller...

And I came up with these:

Aluminum circles... we got em’...

Things are happening

Jeremy

Offline Shifty

• I bleed Bowtie red...
« Reply #18 on: February 15, 2020, 09:04:17 AM »
dang....nice shop brother.  8)
87 V20 Standard Cab Longbed (current)

87 R30 3+3 Longbed (days of yore)

98 C2500 ext cab longbed

Offline rayjos_1

« Reply #19 on: February 15, 2020, 07:51:12 PM »
"I’m actively seeking socially irresponsible and nothing says THAT like a big block gas motor."

Jeremy
[/quote]

I love that! Im going to make a bumper sticker out of that and plaster it on my back window!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Offline jeremy.farlow

• Frequent Member
« Reply #20 on: February 16, 2020, 06:08:21 PM »
Finished off the lower door pieces.

Mounted the speakers and crossovers.

I’m gonna need some more aluminum.
New inserts for the rear doors:

If the weather holds tomorrow I hope to have stereo and amp in and tested. Regardless of weather I’ll place an order for another sheet or two of 0.090” aluminum. I’ve got an eBay instrument bezel on the way. My original was cracked and holy. Not Pope-holy, but full of holes. All the stuff is in the dumpster, but my truck got the “RV” treatment around some point. Yeah... that consisted of 1/2” slabs of some kind of wood, self-tapping screwed THROUGH the bezel, dash inserts and both front door panels. As if the laminate “wood-grain” wasn’t haggard enough. After nearly 30 years the wood had split and looked as bad as the rest of the interior.

I mentioned earlier, I’m very much a spray it out with a hose kind of guy. I’m at a loss for the rear seats. I really don’t want to incur the cost of re-upholstering them. That may be the best solution. I have a kid... he’s still in a car seat for another couple years, the race buckets up front are fine and I could put race seats in the rear as well eventually, but the fold down bench just works. Race buckets aren’t gonna fold up so nicely. One of my favorite things about this truck is with the rear seat folded I can put 4’x8’ sheet goods in the rear.

If anyone out there has a seat in grey ideally, or black vinyl, I’m all ears!! I’m also on the hunt for a vinyl floor mat. I’m new to this truck, but I’m guessing a K5 Blazer or crew cab truck floor mat would likely work as well. Again, if anyone has a rubber floor that’ll fit my truck, again, I’m all ears.

Jeremy

Offline jeremy.farlow

• Frequent Member
« Reply #21 on: February 25, 2020, 05:17:18 PM »
I’ve gone a bit crazy with what I’d normally see as restoration pieces... but every piece of sealing rubber is gonna be new.  Also got the dash repaired and painted:
Well... I’d love to show you all but apparently I’ve reached my monthly cap on image uploads.

Anyone out there do Tapatalk pro? Is it worth it?

Jeremy

Offline roundhouse

« Reply #22 on: February 29, 2020, 09:22:30 AM »
Welcome

I’m in Marietta GA

I’m guessing you’re on the south side with the movie biz?
   Maybe near Pinewood ?

Nice fab work with the cars !
Nice fab work with the door panels !

You could Probabaly sell some of those .

Offline jeremy.farlow

• Frequent Member
« Reply #23 on: February 29, 2020, 06:43:25 PM »
I’m actually right in the shadow of turner field. I try and avoid Pinewood like the plague. Concentration camp prisoners were under less security than Pinewood studio employees.
Thanks for the compliments. The parts photographed well, they’re not nice enough to sell for the time I have in them.

Jeremy

Offline roundhouse

« Reply #24 on: March 07, 2020, 08:57:10 PM »
I’m actually right in the shadow of turner field. I try and avoid Pinewood like the plague. Concentration camp prisoners were under less security than Pinewood studio employees.
Thanks for the compliments. The parts photographed well, they’re not nice enough to sell for the time I have in them.

Jeremy
Used to be a Pretty sketchy neighborhood around turner field

I went to a game once there
Never went back

Dodging homeless bums and praying not to get mugged between the car and the front gate.

Offline jeremy.farlow

• Frequent Member
« Reply #25 on: March 09, 2020, 06:17:22 PM »
Too funny. I remember trying to avoid parking for a Braves game at a public park up Georgia Ave. from Turner Field. An APD cruiser approached and told us that if we parked there we shouldn’t expect the car to be there after the game. Or at least not there in the way that we’d left it.
Honestly, my partner and I have owned the building for 8 years now. I’ve had to replace a couple car windows, but the locals haven’t ever given me trouble. The worst thing I’ve had happen was the recently paroled con who tried to sell me a Jeep Liberty for $200... Unfortunately doing the movie car stuff led a few neighbors to believe I might be interested in buying an obviously stolen car. I sent him packing... finally. Took more work than I’d like to admit though.
The building is up for sale currently and when/if it sells I’ll miss the neighborhood and location more than anything else. I’m BLOCKS from both 75/85 and 20 and just laugh as I’m headed against traffic in every direction. The time not spent commuting nearly offsets the cost of city taxes.

Jeremy

Offline jeremy.farlow

• Frequent Member
« Reply #26 on: March 09, 2020, 06:23:29 PM »
So this project has ballooned like crazy. Currently the truck interior is stripped to sheet metal, I’m about to pull the rear windows and windshield, as well as the doors and tailgate. I’ve decided to either paint the truck or possibly raptor line the whole thing. There’s enough rust that I think painting or otherwise sealing the whole can will be the only way to stop the spread. It’s still so weird where the rust is... it’s all up high, above the doors and around the rear quarter windows. Ive got all new rubber seals for pretty much everything, so while I REALLY didn’t want to paint the truck it seems like the least work-intensive time to do it. After this I’m gonna kill this thread and put the remaining posts in their respective areas. Hopefully I’ll be able to post the finished product photos here in a couple weeks and then I’ll be done with my introductory...

Jeremy

Offline chevn-up

• Registered Users
« Reply #27 on: March 10, 2020, 03:49:52 AM »
Greetings from Covington Ga.

Offline jeremy.farlow

• Frequent Member
« Reply #28 on: March 25, 2020, 03:17:37 PM »
To anyone watching this thread, I’ve moved the progress on the body to the bodywork section... I’ll be starting an engine post soon enough and then hopefully will post a few pictures of the finished product back here.

Jeremy

http://forum.73-87chevytrucks.com/smforum/index.php?topic=38006.msg317635#msg317635
« Last Edit: March 25, 2020, 04:27:46 PM by Irish_Alley »

Offline Mike81K10

• Site Supporters
« Reply #29 on: March 25, 2020, 09:30:16 PM »
Nice Shop and awesome pics of work your shop has done, I am next door in Alabama.
"Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn." -Benjamin Franklin