Author Topic: Other Forums For Your Other Hobbies and Passions..  (Read 994 times)

Offline philo_beddoe

• 77 C-10
Other Forums For Your Other Hobbies and Passions..
« on: February 03, 2022, 06:50:09 PM »
What other community groups or discussion forums (like this one) have you joined, are you a member of? There are two other forums I belong to, The Unofficial Martin Guitar Forum and MTBR (mountain bike review). I have been mountain biking since the fall of 1992, it's really an awesome hobby or sport.  I love the outdoors, it's a total thrill riding on single track trails in state forests and parks, and the cardio workout is great. And for me, mountain bikes are a whole lot easier to work on! I have been playing guitar since the 80's, all acoustic now, I have a Martin OM-28, it's a high-end model handbuilt in Nazareth, PA. It's very relaxing, I read music and mostly play in church. That's it, other than trout fishing I have no time for other interests or hobbies.

Behold, the day of the LORD cometh, and thy spoil shall be divided in the midst of thee.  Zechariah 14:1

Offline frotosride

• WFO CONCEPTS
Re: Other Forums For Your Other Hobbies and Passions..
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2022, 07:39:57 AM »
Never owned a Martin, probably because I gave up playing in the 90's. Mout. Bikes are definitely faster to work on IMHO, simplicity is about the same to me.
I'm going to try and remember some of them all but, pirate4x4, viperclubs(the car), jeep stuff(simply for broken stuff), RV forums multiple), M109Riders forum (Suzuki power cruiser), C/K5. That's all that came to em right away.
They're probably 10 or 15 more that I can't think of off the top of my head, probably because I currently do not have anything broken in that area of my life or someone else's! This form is the only form where I actually talk about other things. The other forms are solely for troubleshooting broken stuff for myself and other people/sidehustle
"Beat it like a red-headed ford"
1987 v10 Silverado(LQ4), 87 R10,83 K20, 83 cucv 6.2 Detroit
2006 Boulevard M109R 109 cid,2019 M109R BOSS
2009 Jeep XK, (future LS Swap)
GSXR 750 engine awaiting go kart

Offline zieg85

• Global Moderator
    • 73-87 GM squarebody extended cab and conversions up to 91 R/V series
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2022, 06:49:57 AM »
This is the only Forum I frequent daily.  I belong to many others for info look-up, but I don't frequent on a regular basis. 
Carl 
1985 C20 Scottsdale 7.4L 4 speed 3.21
1986 C10 under construction
https://www.facebook.com/groups/248658382003506/

Offline VileZambonie

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2022, 02:42:19 PM »
Forums, in general, are dying out due to the massive amounts of social media platforms and with people having the attention span of a gnat, content seems less interesting these days anyway. I don't visit many other than this one either. My guitars have more dust on them now than anything but I can't bring myself to get rid of them in hopes that one day I will get back into it. I went from playing every day of my life to basically nothing. I'm too busy and my garage keeps me even more busy.
,                           ___ 
                         /  _ _ _\_
              ⌠ŻŻŻŻŻ'   [☼===☼]
              `()_);-;()_)--o--)_)

74 GMC, 75 K5, 84 GMC, 85 K20, 86 k20, 79 K10

Offline philo_beddoe

• 77 C-10
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2022, 09:32:43 PM »
True words VZ. Attention spans are short today, forums take too long and even Pelotons have become coat racks. It's always on to the next thing, cheap empty social media is king. Although didn't fb just lose like $100 billion of something like that, whatever.

I do have to make time for guitar playing though. I don't play nearly as much in the summer due to the whole outdoors thing. I just sold my classical guitar which demands a whole lot of time that i don't have. Even this forum I have not been on for sometime, maybe because my c-10 is running great and is fully complete. As soon as the salting stops she'll come out of hibernation.
Behold, the day of the LORD cometh, and thy spoil shall be divided in the midst of thee.  Zechariah 14:1