Author Topic: 1982 C10 Totaled. How much will I get?  (Read 5510 times)

Offline 78 Chevyrado

• Z62 ON-ROAD
    • My Photobucket Site
Re: 1982 C10 Totaled. How much will I get?
« Reply #15 on: September 12, 2019, 01:16:51 AM »
Heard from the insurance and they upped the offer from $4300 to $5800. I happy with that. From what I’ve read and since I have regular insurance on my truck, that is a very good offer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd take it and run.

The problem with collector insurance like hagertys is the limitations on when and where you can drive.  Yes it's cheap, but for the most part you CANNOT drive it to work or leave it in parking lots at stores, which is 99% of where normal people will drive it.  They're insurance lawyers, you cannot BS them, like saying i only drove it to work this one time because...  they won't care, they'll deny you, and it'll be up to you to fund the lawsuit to fight them which may come to nothing.  You cant pull bs on insurance companies.  Truth be told, I've found as I have to classic vehicles I want to insure like a new car is for daily driving...  you can't.  they won't.  That fact is why i didnt put the $$$ I wanted to into my truck and camaro, though I've put way too much $$$ into them already.  I did put the $$$ into both of them, but if either one gets stolen or totalled, I'm going to lose around $17k on the camaro, and I'd lose around 19k on the truck.  do I regret spending the money on them, NO.  Will I get any kind of return on either of them, NO.  Old cars done right cost as much or more than new cars but don't have any kind of coverage for loss if you daily drive them.
Kenny

1978 C-20, 350/400, 3.73, Graystone Metallic, Raceline Renegade 8 Wheels - 18x8.5, 275/70R18 BFG KO's

Offline gwcrim

• Registered Users
  • Far from a Newbie
« Reply #16 on: September 30, 2019, 09:29:27 AM »
You got me thinking.... I pulled up my Hagerty policy.  It seems very generous.  The 'exclusions' section made no mention of driving the car to work or parking it anywhere.

Do you have any specifics on where that kind of language may be in the policy?

Offline fitz

« Reply #17 on: September 30, 2019, 07:38:15 PM »
You got me thinking.... I pulled up my Hagerty policy.  It seems very generous.  The 'exclusions' section made no mention of driving the car to work or parking it anywhere.

Do you have any specifics on where that kind of language may be in the policy?

I may have to fall on the sword on this one.  My insurance company told me about those restrictions on the collector  car insurance.
  They were trying to talk me into getting collector car insurance on my 69 camaro.  They told me about the restrictions, but I never actually read it (I decided not to get it).
  I think I may have posted that info on here.
  Let me know if I was wrong.