Author Topic: how to wire a gas tank  (Read 2834 times)

Offline Buddy

• Frequent Member
how to wire a gas tank
« on: August 19, 2010, 05:48:10 AM »
I have just started to put my truck back together, I have an 85 shorty that I bought and stripped down to the frame have had it blasted and painted etc. The wiring in this truck was a joke, it was cut and spliced here aand there it is a mess. I have almost everything figured out. The only problem I have is there is a red wire on top of the gas tank? Where does this go? Also what about the rear lights? Where do these wires go. I am a dummy when it comes to wiring. I cant compare it to what was there when I took it apart because there was nothing there. I am starting from nothing. Thanks in advance

Offline Grim 82

Re: how to wire a gas tank
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2010, 08:55:29 AM »
The wire at the tank is from the sending unit to the fuel gauge. The rear light wires will be 4 wires coming from the back of the bulkhead and typically running along the inside of the driver side frame rail to the back. This should help you get it figured out:
http://forum.73-87chevytrucks.com/smforum/index.php?topic=11766.0
Give a man a gun, and he might rob a bank. Give a man a bank, and he might rob the world.

Offline DnStClr

Re: how to wire a gas tank
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2010, 08:59:46 AM »
Buddy,are you sure the wire is a red one? Could it be pink? I was going to add the schematics too-but grim was faster :D
Don
87 Chevy Silverado