Author Topic: 87 Chevy crew cab build Ls swap with lots of pics  (Read 89096 times)

Offline hwh

• Frequent Member
Re: 87 Chevy crew cab build Ls swap with lots of pics
« Reply #75 on: April 24, 2017, 08:54:21 AM »
Pics of fuel door. Before and after

Offline hwh

• Frequent Member
« Reply #76 on: April 24, 2017, 08:58:17 AM »
Got sub box built over the weekend. Couldn't find size I needed so had to build it. Made it 34 1/2 wide. 13 1/2 tall. 5 inches bottom depth. And 3 3/4 top depth. And I used herculiner bed lining instead of carpet to cover box. Using pioneer shallow mount sub.

Offline hwh

• Frequent Member
« Reply #77 on: April 29, 2017, 08:28:41 PM »
Truck will finally be done at paint and body shop Tuesday. They got stuff fixed I didn't like and started painting today. They did primer yesterday. Helped them get truck in paint booth today. I'll get pics posted Tuesday of truck painted.

Offline hwh

• Frequent Member
« Reply #78 on: April 29, 2017, 08:31:02 PM »
Pics

Offline hwh

• Frequent Member
« Reply #79 on: May 02, 2017, 06:57:14 AM »
Truck about done be ready to pick up by Thursday.

Offline hwh

• Frequent Member
« Reply #80 on: May 02, 2017, 07:01:34 AM »
Tuesday and Wednesday they will finish up final sanding and buffing. Thursday install all the glass in doors. And the front windshield and rear glass. I got the flush mount front and rear glass from one piece products. So I'll see how that turns out.

Offline ehjorten

« Reply #81 on: May 02, 2017, 10:25:52 AM »
Really interested to see how the flush fit glass goes and how it looks!  Take some good quality and large file size pictures!  The One Piece Products website pictures are horrible!  To me the front glass doesn't look like it would look very good, but the flush fit back glass looks like it might not be too bad!  My Crew Cab doesn't have sliding back glass so it might be cool.  I would want to keep my slider on my '77 K20 though.
-Erik-
1991 V3500 - Gen V TBI 454, 4L80E, NP205, 14 bolt FF, D60, 8" Lift on 35s
1977 K20 Silverado - 350, THM350, NP203, 14 bolt FF, D44, Stock Lift on 31s
1969 Chevelle Malibu Sport Coupe - EFI350, THM350
1968 Chevrolet Step-side Pickup - 300HP L6

Offline hwh

• Frequent Member
« Reply #82 on: May 03, 2017, 06:47:18 AM »
OK I'll take some good pics of front windshield and rear glass. See how it looks. One piece products does have a youtube video of how to install rear glass. Has real good pics of how it looks.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2017, 06:54:26 AM by hwh »

Offline hwh

• Frequent Member
« Reply #83 on: May 03, 2017, 06:51:34 AM »
I'm hoping they look good. If it doesn't I'll buy the stock glass. And half to try to sell one piece stuff. I took a chance. I was going to do there one piece front door glass. But more and more I researched saw conflicting info people that had them.

Offline hwh

• Frequent Member
« Reply #84 on: May 05, 2017, 03:57:06 PM »
More pics

Offline hwh

• Frequent Member
« Reply #85 on: May 06, 2017, 10:19:32 PM »
Got all glass installed today. All new run channels, all new glass. Vent windows rebuilt couple months ago frames were powder coated. Pics are not to great I'll get better pics of the flush mount rear glass Monday when can pull tape off.

Offline hwh

• Frequent Member
« Reply #86 on: May 06, 2017, 10:26:52 PM »
This is my review of the flush mount front windshield and back glass from one piece products. First off guys who installed all the glass today have done many older vehicles and have a lot of experience. I have been really picky on who i get to work on my truck on stuff i wont do myself. They did all doors first with no problems then on to the flush mount glass. On the rear glass it fit good but the pinch weld trim they send you is to wide. Not enough surface for glue. Glass guys didn't trust that. So they used rubber trim they had to get more glue surface. So other than that rear turned out nice. Looks really good.

Offline hwh

• Frequent Member
« Reply #87 on: May 06, 2017, 10:43:44 PM »
Then to the front windshield. They tested fitted glass before applying the glue and would not fit inside to make it flush mount. So thought maybe frame around truck was bent over the years. It was at the paint and body shop. So got body man to come look. He put a jack inside to raise up center part up. Still wouldn't fit body guy said glass to big. All 4 corners glass guy said it needed to be 1/16 smaller all the way around. That he would half to put bunch off glue and would look like crap and wouldn't be safe. And would sit higher than a stock glass.  And needs to be smaller to allow all 73-87 Chevy trucks to fit cause no 2 trucks are exactly same built back then. So he is coming Monday with a stock glass and seal. And I'm calling one piece products to send it back. And also when they shipped the glass they spray foam in box to keep it secure in box during shipping. So you half to cut box all up to get glass out which is understandable. But now half to find a box that bug to ship it back. Which might sound stupid to some. But going to be hard for me to find a box that big to ship back and pack it so its secure. So that's my review on one piece products flush mount glass. The windshield may fit nice on another 73-87 truck but not on mine. So hope this helps anyone thinking about doing this to there truck.

Offline hwh

• Frequent Member
« Reply #88 on: May 06, 2017, 11:32:18 PM »
Tuesday it will finally go back to finish Ls swap. Put new wiring harness, vintage air, Dakota guages, amp power running boards, etc. Then back to my house to do all interior, install seats, and put all exterior stuff on. Install stereo system. Then take it to get bed rhino lined and get windows tinted. Get GPS installed on truck. So if everything goes right 2 to 3 months it will be done.

Offline fphythian

• New Users
« Reply #89 on: May 07, 2017, 08:47:20 PM »
Love the build!! I have a 84 crew cab project I am going to start soon. Putting the blazer tank in it. It is cut down to short bed already. Sitting on 35s   

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk