73-87 Chevy _ GMC Trucks > Members Rides

1984 C-10 Custom Deluxe

(1/29) > >>

macr0w:
Hey guys this is my truck. It belonged to my dad. After he passed away in 2014 my mom gave it to me. I dearly loved my dad and this truck was probably the best vehicle he ever owned in his life. We were kinda poor and he never had enough money to fix stuff or buy a new vehicle. Over the years it was kinda run down and needed lots of help. After I got it I really only ever drove it around to get a load of lumber or mulch or something. My neighbors would borrow it when they needed something. One day last year the tired old 305 bit the dust. At that point I started thinking, "this was my dad's truck. I'm not going to let it die like this." So my son and I got to work.
New 350 engine and a ton of other repairs and upgrades. It's still a work in progress and I will add some pics and descriptions to this thread as I go.
Thanks for letting me share.  8)

zieg85:
Awesome, nice to see a highly optioned Custom Deluxe having the RPO V22 4 headlight front end.  Here was my 84

macr0w:
Very cool.  8)
What's the deal with the RPO codes for the grill or headlights?
I didn't realize that was an option.

Shifty:
Gorgeous!  Don't mess with that patina!   8)

zieg85:

--- Quote from: macr0w on May 19, 2020, 09:18:56 AM ---Very cool.  8)
What's the deal with the RPO codes for the grill or headlights?
I didn't realize that was an option.

--- End quote ---

More than likely it was a dealer ordered special.  I was under the impression that Scottsdale could only be ordered with the upgraded option so you have something really special.  My truck was a basic 6 cyl. 3 on the tree.  I loved this truck and it helped me move 300 miles and it served as my daily for a few years.  The attached is what the front end offerings throughout the years

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version