73-87 Chevy _ GMC Trucks > Fuel Systems and Drivability

87 Chevy Runs then dies

(1/2) > >>

dc7432:
87 Chevy V20 w/ TBI 350. Truck sat for a few months went to start ran for a minute than died. Air cleaner was 100% packed with a mouse house. Clean out and would start for a few minutes then stalled. I installed a fuel pump relay and can hear both pumps in the tanks prime. Same results. Installed an ignition coil and control module. Same result. I had all the parts so I didn’t have to buy anything. This morning (cold) started like normal and is currently running. I’m waiting to see if anything happens when hot. A few years ago I had the same issue and it was the distributor so that was replaced. Any ideas on what’s going on and yes there is gas in both tanks. Thanks!

dc7432:
Forgot to add installed a new in-line fuel filter.

bd:
Any trouble codes stored?  Safely rig up a fuel pressure gauge and monitor the pressure to see whether it is constant at 11-12 PSI with the engine running and whether the pressure drops just as the symptoms occur.

dc7432:
Engine was hot fine at idle brought the RPMs up in park and it started to load up. Check engine light went on. Got code 33 (MAP sensor) and code 44 (lean exhaust). Not sure what to do next.

bd:
Make sure there are no vacuum leaks in the vacuum line to the MAP sensor.  Spray around the base of the throttle body using some aerosol carburetor cleaner to verify there are no vacuum leaks.  Then follow the MAP Code 33 diagnostic procedure, attached.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version