Author Topic: Anyone running Porterbuilt drop member w/ gen1 SBC  (Read 2466 times)

Offline Snowcrayzz

• 84 C10 project
Anyone running Porterbuilt drop member w/ gen1 SBC
« on: October 24, 2015, 02:18:55 PM »
I need to find some headers that fit. Also want as much proformance as I can get out of them compareable to what I ordered, (Hooker super comp headers) the driver side won't fit. These are really nice but very bulky. Here's a pic of the passenger aside that does fit. Any recommendations ?
JJ

Offline VileZambonie

• Global Moderator
Re: Anyone running Porterbuilt drop member w/ gen1 SBC
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2015, 06:47:13 PM »
Jegs has a good variety in stock
,                           ___ 
                         /  _ _ _\_
              ⌠ŻŻŻŻŻ'   [☼===☼]
              `()_);-;()_)--o--)_)

74 GMC, 75 K5, 84 GMC, 85 K20, 86 k20, 79 K10

Offline HAULIN IT

« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2015, 09:04:07 AM »
That is interesting...when I saw where the rear control arm mounting area was in the photos in your other post I thought: "Hmmm, That looks like it is really taking up a bunch of space in & back, I guess it's just the closeup of the photos"    Guess not.

One thing I will add is while Hooker's Super Comps are one of the nicest set of headers (in terms of quality,power, ect.) they do take up the space due to the larger than "normal" primaries & the fact that they work hard to stay closer to equal length than some others. I helped a friend install a set of those (BIG Super Comps) in a truck with a 502 & we ended up slotting/moving the motormounts a little bit here & there to get ideal fitment between everything.

Maybe you can find a local guy with a set from a Chevelle you could try? I used Cutlass ones made by Headman when I installed the 455 in our truck. Appears to me, they fit the truck better than a Cutlass! Good Luck, Lorne

Offline Snowcrayzz

• 84 C10 project
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2015, 09:49:50 AM »
Thanks for the input. I was told that camaro headers would work with my setup so I ordered a set. I guess the hug the block better than the ones I have now. They are also Hooker super comps. Got my fingers crossed. If they fit I'll post a pic.
Thanks again!
Jeremy
JJ

Offline Captkaos

• OWNER and Administrator
  • Administrator
    • http://www.73-87chevytrucks.com
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2015, 12:23:34 AM »
Have you called Nathan?  He can tell you what works on his setups.  I have a Porterbuilt, but I will be running a LS...