Author Topic: Vacuum connections  (Read 1298 times)

Offline Wyomingite

Vacuum connections
« on: February 21, 2019, 09:45:42 PM »
Looking for some help on what the two ports are for with question marks in this picture. Mine currently has them both capped off. Along with the one marked “emissions” That is also capped off. Would that go to the emissions can on the radiator support?
Also, I’m hearing it’s best to run the distributor to the manifold vac. On drivers side and the TCC switch to the ported vac on the passenger side.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Irish_Alley

• Tim
  • Global Moderator
  • Family is not an important thing. It's everything.
Re: Vacuum connections
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2019, 07:18:25 AM »
depending on what your truck has set up but my mud truck with no emissions i have brake booster  which should be manifold vacuum, pvc which should be manifold vacuum and distributor which again should the one marked "cap" manifold vacuum (for best performance, if you want better emissions you have it to ported)

but your trans should be hooked up to manifold vacuum also. im not sure about your carb but if you have the engine running put your finger over the port and see if theres vacuum
If you can’t tell yourself the truth, who can you tell it to?~Irish_Alley

When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth ~Sherlock Holmes

Offline Wyomingite

« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2019, 08:41:14 AM »
Yeah all emissions equipment is removed.
So just the basic items.
I’ve read conflicting stories of weather to use ported or manifold vacuum for the tcc switch. With manifold vacuum, wouldn’t it be trying to lock the converter at idle?

Offline Irish_Alley

• Tim
  • Global Moderator
  • Family is not an important thing. It's everything.
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2019, 09:15:45 AM »
what trans do you have?
If you can’t tell yourself the truth, who can you tell it to?~Irish_Alley

When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth ~Sherlock Holmes

Offline Wyomingite

« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2019, 04:55:45 AM »
Trans is a 700R4