Author Topic: Wiper switch  (Read 1329 times)

Offline MY1978

• Registered Users
  • Just a girl and her truck since 1978
Wiper switch
« on: December 02, 2020, 08:36:09 AM »
A little spring fell out of my wiper switch and I cannot figure out how to get the knob off the switch to see if I can reseat it as I think I know where it goes. I still have my push for washer fluid so not sure the need for this little spring. Any help is appreciated.

I ordered a new wiper switch from  . It was listed as the correct switch for my year truck. When installed, when I turn the ignition on, every once in a while, the wipers will just start. When I called   and told them, they looked into it and said that the switch was for trucks "without" cruise control. My truck has cruise control is a OER for the original cruisemaster which is the little button on the end of the signal switch. My wiper switch is on the dash. So I reordered the switch for a truck "with" cruise control. When I received it, the connections are not correct. The connections on the other where correct.

So why all of sudden will a repro switch, or supposedly repro, doing this? It didn't happen with my original switch. And now   says I cannot return the switch after being installed so I am out $24.95 plus shipping. I think it is a faulty switch, but I do not want to eat another $24.95 if it isn't. Any suggestions?

I am seriously considering going to my bone yard and clipping out many wiper switches and see if I can get one that works.

Thoughts/suggestions/help is appreciated.

Offline MY1978

• Registered Users
  • Just a girl and her truck since 1978
Re: Wiper switch
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2020, 10:09:15 AM »
Okay, was able to get the knob popped off.  Now, does the plastic piece go in first or the spring?  Since I didn't see it come out, I have no idea and maybe nobody does either.  Just checking.