Author Topic: Rochester QuadraJet  (Read 2404 times)

Offline Shaker

Rochester QuadraJet
« on: July 30, 2016, 12:12:09 PM »
Hey,

I`m looking for an Air cleaner for my Quadrajet Carb. Oh and just a cheap one, Something more appealing than the stock housing. The engine is not strong and is going to be swapped out down the road but I thought what the heck there has to be some cheap no name air cleaner housing out there. Something like the attached photo chrome or black does not matter to me.

I know I have to get a crankcase breather as well for the valve cover.

If someone one knows a link or part number that I could just order it up over the interweb that would be great  ;)

Cheers

1986 C10, 305, Auto 700R4, 2wd, Rochester Quadrajet, Full Length Headers, Dual Exhaust

Offline Stewart G Griffin

Re: Rochester QuadraJet
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2016, 01:59:49 PM »
Mr. Gasket 1487 is $20.  Proform 9" is even cheaper.

But since you have a v-8 you can go much larger diameter.  i went with the 1487 because i needed the truck running asap, did not have enough clearance for anything larger than 9" (v-6 throttle bracket is in the way) and the local autoparts store had it on the shelf.

After it clogs, i'm going with K+N.

Offline Irish_Alley

• Tim
  • Global Moderator
  • Family is not an important thing. It's everything.
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2016, 02:41:24 PM »
depending on how cold it gets in the winter you may want to keep the stock air cleaner. theres a post about how and why you might run into trouble with keeping the engine properly tuned when it gets colder
If you can’t tell yourself the truth, who can you tell it to?~Irish_Alley

When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth ~Sherlock Holmes

Offline Shaker

« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2016, 02:49:50 PM »
Motor wont ever see a real winter. I`m living on the West Coast of British Columbia,Canada and it barely drops below 0 degrees Celsius the area I`m in.  So no worries on engine performance plus its an old worn out temporary engine.

I`ll check out the Mr.Gasket one.

Offline Irish_Alley

• Tim
  • Global Moderator
  • Family is not an important thing. It's everything.
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2016, 09:13:43 PM »
0° C is still 32°F you can have problems at 40°
heres one. i know theres another
http://forum.73-87chevytrucks.com/smforum/index.php?topic=27239.msg226597#msg226597
If you can’t tell yourself the truth, who can you tell it to?~Irish_Alley

When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth ~Sherlock Holmes