73-87 Chevy _ GMC Trucks > Blazers/Jimmys

79 k5 Blazer center hood stop

(1/3) > >>

Ocala79Blazer:
I have looked everywhere for one of these and can't find one. It bolts on the firewall at the top of the tunnel and is suppose to keep the hood from drooping in the center. They came mostly on 79 and may have been on the 77 and 78 K5 and c10 truck. It mounts using three bolts. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Norm

SilverMiner:

--- Quote from: Ocala79Blazer on April 07, 2020, 05:09:53 PM ---I have looked everywhere for one of these and can't find one. It bolts on the firewall at the top of the tunnel and is suppose to keep the hood from drooping in the center. They came mostly on 79 and may have been on the 77 and 78 K5 and c10 truck. It mounts using three bolts. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Norm

--- End quote ---

I don't believe that part is available as a reproduction item, although I can't admit to specifically looking. Junkyards or as a "want to buy" on one of the forums will be the best sources I think.

But if you can't source one, don't despair. It doesn't perform the anti-droop task you think it does - it existed as a passive stop to anchor the hood to prevent it being forced backwards from a head-on collision. I'm not certain when it first appeared, but I have two 1978's ready at hand and one has it and the other does not (perhaps a mid-year change?). The one that does not have it has survived fined for over 40+ years without any hood sagging.

VileZambonie:
I'm trying to think of a center support anti-droop support bolted to the firewall....

Ocala79Blazer:
Thanks, I was thinking it was a mid year in 78. I see more pictures of 79 with them. I am just checking around it more a cosmetic thing, but I know why it was put there. I know they change the hood in 80 and it went away. Thanks Norm

roundhouse:
I’ve seen em
I think it was to keep the hood from going back through the windshield in a collision

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version