General Site Info > Welcome

N Texas Newbie.

(1/3) > >>

1badgmc:
New here, I guess. I've known Chris Lucas online for many ages, so I don't feel like a total newbie. I haven't done any research on 73-87 stuff in a while, but I have a new project I'm looking at digging into with my dad's '88 crew cab dually. I'm the reason he still has it. I want it. He knows it. Now, it's time for me to invest a little bit into it and turn it into a nice tow pig for my GMC.

Here's my starting point. I don't really have any good pics of it on my computer. I guess I need to get out and find some sometime.

The camper shell was only on for a couple of months a few years ago when my parents took it on a trip.

Shot from the top of my parents' motorhome in the infield at Texas Motor Speedway this past April. The rack unfolds to give a raised viewing platform for the races. They're about to let their spot go, so the rack will be coming off permanently soon.

So that's what I'm working from. I want a big static drop. Bags would be nice, but I'm trying to keep this in a budget and keep it simple. As for the body, I want to get rid of all the conversion truck junk and just have it repainted in a nice, solid black. I plan to replace all the cab, fender and tailgate clearance lights with something a little smaller and more low profile and put LEDs in them. I also like the replacement LED taillight inserts I saw over at Stylin' Concepts. For the rear, a rollpan for sure, but I haven't yet decided if I want to shave the tailgate handle and weld a filler on it or leave the chrome trim piece in there. I have a '91 GMC Suburban grille for it, I just need to get some Celebrity composite headlights. I'm REALLY digging the one-piece window kits. They need to come out with a rear window kit now too. For wheels, I want to blast and paint the stockers black. Maybe go with some chrome trim rings, I haven't decided on that one yet.

And, for your viewing pleasure, I'll throw in some pics of what I want it to be a hauler for.

77c15:
Nice trucks!!!

1badgmc:
Thank you, sir.  :D

Captkaos:
Welcome Jason.  we do go back a while huh?  What ever happened to the Blazer and the frame you had?  Did you ever sell it?

1badgmc:
Years, man. What's it been, like 10 or 11 years now?

The K5 is still parked in my dad's backyard and the frame is still sitting back there surrounded by weeds. It hasn't moved from where we dropped it after buying it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version