Author Topic: Brake Pedal Height 81 C10  (Read 2244 times)

Offline huskerhoss

• New Users
Brake Pedal Height 81 C10
« on: September 03, 2018, 06:13:22 PM »
I just bought a 81 C10 that I plan on turning into a track truck.  I will be changing engine, chassis, brakes, ect.  Currently the brake pedal is much too high for comfort, let alone safety in regard to gas pedal.  I will obviously be changing the entire braking system, so will I be able to change the brake height once I install a new booster, make that line shorter so it pulls pedal closer to firewall?  Will that change it enough?  Is there another brake pedal with a different angle on it that sits lower?  I really do not want to have to cut and weld as I would never trust it.  Any thoughts or suggestions are appreciated. 

Online Rapid Roy

• Euless, Texas
Re: Brake Pedal Height 81 C10
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2018, 09:29:05 PM »
Welcome.
1974 Cheyenne 10 LWB STOCK 350 W HEI /TH350/AC/4 BBL Quadrajet
Mopar by Birth
Chevy by Choice

Offline Irish_Alley

• Tim
  • Global Moderator
  • Family is not an important thing. It's everything.
Re: Brake Pedal Height 81 C10
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2018, 07:09:24 AM »
imo even if you drop the pedal 3" closer to the floor you wont be able to utilize full braking power as the floorboard will stop you from applying full brake power. you might be better off trying to figure out something with the gas pedal to "raise" it towards you more. that way if something does go wrong it wont be a big safety issue like loosing your brakes
If you can’t tell yourself the truth, who can you tell it to?~Irish_Alley

When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth ~Sherlock Holmes