Author Topic: Misprinted Cam Card  (Read 3175 times)

Offline bd

• Global Moderator
Re: Misprinted Cam Card
« Reply #15 on: June 12, 2020, 10:56:29 AM »
Even though you've chosen a very mild profile, consider installing a rev kit to contain the lifters in their bores in the event that something comes apart inside the rocker covers.
Rich
It's difficult to know just how much you don't know until you know it.
In other words... if people learn by making mistakes, by now I should know just about everything!!!
87 R10 Silverado Fleetside 355 MPFI 700R4 3.42 Locker (aka Rusty, aka Mater)

Offline jeremy.farlow

• Frequent Member
Re: Misprinted Cam Card
« Reply #16 on: June 13, 2020, 07:12:09 PM »
Right now I gotta get what I have working... without spending a bunch more money. I’ll do some research on the “rev-kits”, but from the model ehjortsen worked up for me the motor is signing off @ 4500 RPM. No need to rev it harder if it’s not making power any more, just grab the next gear. And with the balanced and forged crank, 4500 is nowhere near high rpms... even for a big block.
But as they say: “buy horsepower and drive torque”. I’m super-excited with the graph provided. Peak torque, and plenty of it, at 2500 RPM?!? What more can I ask for.

Probably 4:11 rear end at some point

With some time back at work maybe the TCI 6X...

A road tripper this ain’t, gas WILL go back up.

It’ll be a lot of fun around town, especially with 4:11’s. And I’ll be able to say that I DID IT!!! Truly the most important part of the exercise to me. I’m INTIMATE with this thing already, I’ll know every inch when I’m done.

Here’s where it sits now:

The intake is just on to mock things up. I plan to stuff it in the engine bay sans intake and expensive EFI plumbing/wiring.

I’m waiting on pushrods from comp. It seems  my timing cover doesn’t like the double-roller timing set... one step forward, two steps back. At this point I’ll likely get a different cast cover and the current Miloden goes on eBay.

In any case I hope to have engine in hole by next weekend and then I start wiring and plumbing.

Maybe I’ll be driving this thing by mid-July.

Jeremy