Author Topic: advisory question..  (Read 2630 times)

Offline BIG CHEVY

• Registered Users
  • FOLLOW ME,,,, ILL TRY IT.
advisory question..
« on: September 29, 2011, 04:18:56 PM »
I want to get headers for my truck. I also plan to get vortec heads next month. The question is.........what options for headers should i consider to assure they work with the vortecs? For instance 1.5 inch tube size is smallest. What does the vortec need? Size collector? What is an angled plug?

Offline firefighter

• Frequent Member
Re: advisory question..
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2011, 04:31:22 PM »
I want to get headers for my truck. I also plan to get vortec heads next month.
What is an angled plug?

I can't answer your question about the size of header primary tubes, but I can answer about what angled plug heads are.
Look at how your spark plugs stick out of the heads. On most small block chevy heads, the spark plugs stick straight out. On angled plug heads, the 1st and 2nd spark plugs are angled towards each other and the 3rd and 4th plugs are angled toward each other. This was done to supposedly give the spark plug a better angle inside the combustion chamber to ignite the air fuel mixture.

Offline BIG CHEVY

• Registered Users
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2011, 05:56:14 PM »
Thanks for your answer....are vortecs angled?

Offline 1980c10

« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2011, 06:07:20 PM »
Thanks for your answer....are vortecs angled?

No.
Just get headers designed for your truck. I have holly flotech ceramic coated on mine and have no issues.

Offline BIG CHEVY

• Registered Users
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2011, 07:42:05 PM »
Last question......are 1.5 inch tubes enough? I can buy whatever so it would be a shame to buy too small of tubes.