Author Topic: rear spring hanger  (Read 2269 times)

Offline CBell

• New Users
rear spring hanger
« on: May 15, 2006, 12:04:00 AM »
yeah i just bought my first chevy pickup from a friend and pretty much was completly apart and when i was putting it back together I noticed that the spring hanger had been cut so the shackle would come out of the bottom of the hanger. I forgot to add that the truck has a four inch lift and my freind did this instead of putting the block under the leafs. is this wise to run the truck like this or should i get some new hangers and go with the block under the leaf.  

Offline Blazin

• Blazin new trails!
  • Global Moderator
Re: rear spring hanger
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2006, 07:43:00 AM »
Not quite sure what you mean but sounds to me like a caveman move. I would run blocks or get lift springs.

Some people are like Slinkies. Not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs

Offline roundedline

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2006, 05:21:00 PM »
It is a Shackle Flip.  It lifts the truck up higher without having to use blocks that actually cause axle wrap, or lift springs which are going to be a stiffer right.
I know of people who have done this and run the truck this way and wheel on it.  If it was done properly, it isn't going to be an issue..

www.coloradok5.com/shackleflip.shtml

Here is an actual KIT that does the same thing...
chevy.off-road.com/chevy/...?id=200792

Chris Lucas
www.73-87chevytrucks.com
www.captkaoscustoms.com
Project Su
Jimmy 2WD Project

Offline Blazin

• Blazin new trails!
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2006, 10:29:00 PM »
Oh O.K., when he said it was cut out it sounded like a home brew setup!

Some people are like Slinkies. Not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs

Offline roundedline

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2006, 09:17:00 AM »
Probably is considered a home brew setup now that an actual company produces it...

This is why alot of 4x4 owners are looking for 4x2 front hangers, so they don't have to purchase the kit.

Chris Lucas
www.73-87chevytrucks.com
www.captkaoscustoms.com
Project Su
Jimmy 2WD Project