Author Topic: needing some carb help  (Read 9193 times)

Offline 1980c10

Re: needing some carb help
« Reply #15 on: March 24, 2010, 05:27:07 PM »
fix your hoses. route them right. It won't cost much and it may solve the problem. also check your accerator pump. if that's bad you should probably rebuild the carb. start with what you can see and have to fix anyway. My first choice is a q-jet.  shouldn't be anything wrong with it that a rebuild can't fix.

Offline Irish_Alley

• Tim
  • Global Moderator
  • Family is not an important thing. It's everything.
« Reply #16 on: March 24, 2010, 07:05:40 PM »
Almost sounds like my lil 4 wheeler. Something is just slowing down the fuel check the filter then rebuild the carb. I mean that's what I would do trying to save ya some money that's all
If you can’t tell yourself the truth, who can you tell it to?~Irish_Alley

When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth ~Sherlock Holmes

Offline TexasRed

« Reply #17 on: March 24, 2010, 11:26:41 PM »
Also, it may not be just an adapter, you might need a tv cable/detent cable stud for the carb plus other things. Probably easier and cheaper to rebuild the Qjet.

Offline thachevythang

• Registered Users
« Reply #18 on: March 25, 2010, 05:03:48 AM »
I thought about getting a rebuild but i kinda need it running now. I figured just purchase what I need get it going then finally tinker around when I have more time. Honestly I wouldnt even know where to start with a rebuild myself. So that and besides having posting another how do i do this Im on the clock I gotta get it going by april!!!!
'85 SHORTBED

Offline TexasRed

« Reply #19 on: March 25, 2010, 09:25:23 PM »
What transmission do you have?

Also, do you plan on buying at the autoparts store or summit racing or jegs or? Take a picture of your current setup.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2010, 09:46:45 PM by TexasRed »

Offline thachevythang

• Registered Users
« Reply #20 on: May 22, 2010, 02:34:55 PM »
Ok well its been another long while but I got me a rebuild kit for the carb. As far as the hoses I dont know where to start so Im just gonna put her in the shop after the rebuild and see what they say about the passenger fuel tank as well. I've even been thinking about an engine swap. I found a rebuilt 350 that a guy pulled from his jeep that runs like a champ but then I couldnt pass up a 454 with 350 tranny for $750 that both were rebuilt and from what the p.o. said still runs and he only put 25000 since the rebuild. Haven't seen it in person though so I dont wanna dive into that just yet!!!
'85 SHORTBED

Offline heavychevy91

• Frequent Member
  • '86 Chevy K20
« Reply #21 on: May 23, 2010, 05:35:03 PM »
if your interested i have a freshly rebuilt q-jet with no more than 10,000 mi on it ill get rid of for cheappp. when i built my new motor i got an Edelbrock 600 and just dont need the q-jet