Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30

* Search

* Top Boards

All Classified forums require a Site Supporter subscription.  It is only $25 per year and you can buy and sell whatever you like on the forum.  To become a Site Supporter, go to Your Profile and select "Paid Subscriptions."

Welcome to 73-87chevytrucks.com

73-87chevytrucks.com is not only a forum we are also a vendor for a variety of parts both replacement and custom. Check out our store at 73-87chevytrucks.com Online Store

73-87chevytrucks Social Network

We are also on Facebook so give us a like to the page if you like what you see: http://www.facebook.com/7387chevytrucks

Follow us on Instagram at https://www.instagram.com/7387chevytrucks

Follow us on Twitter at https://twitter.com/7387chevytrucks

73-87chevytrucks Merchandise

Looking for a shirt, cap hoodie or anything else with our logo, check out or Cafepress site or our Spreadshirt site

September 17, 2024, 11:35:17 PM by Dr_Snooz | Views: 89 | Comments: 3

My brother-in-law got his 4Runner going a few weeks ago, so we went out to see what's what on Labor Day weekend.

I live about 30 minutes from the Kings Canyon National Park entrance. The park adjoins the Sequoia National Park to the south. Both parks sit inside the Sequoia National Forest, so we have lots of recreational opportunities close by.

This was up near Hume Lake.

California is a special place. You have the beaches to the west with all kinds of fun stuff to do, surfing, motorsports on the sand dunes. The weather is spectacular all year round. As you come over the coastal range, you get into the Central Valley which produces the most amazing diversity of agricultural crops. There's everything from nuts, fruits, vegetables, grains, to specialty crops like wine and olives. As you pass into the Sierra Nevada range, the foothills contain vast range lands with lots of cattle. As you rise into the mountains, you come into land largely preserved by legislation and managed for the benefit of the public. The National Forests are big preserves of timber. They are owned by the public, managed by the government, and are open for sensible commercial exploitation, like logging. Weyerhauser can't come buy it all up and build a fence around it. You can go 4x4ing or backpacking there whenever you want. The National Parks are off-limits to any kind of commercial exploitation, because they are especially beautiful. Yosemite is the best example. All of this is within easy driving distance of my house. LA and SF are also an easy half-day's drive away. San Diego is a full day.

I'm privileged to live where I do.
September 17, 2024, 08:56:29 PM by greenacres | Views: 91 | Comments: 5

I am installing a new wiring harness in my 79 K10. I’m not replacing an existing wiring harness. There are only bits and pieces of the original wiring harness left. I have a wiring schematic and I’m pretty good at reading wiring schematics. My problem is there are some connectors on the new wiring harness under the dash that I can’t figure out what they are for or what they plug into.

Attached are some photos of the wires I can’t figure out. I think one of those connectors goes to a seat belt buzzer, but I’m not sure which one. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
79ShortBox99
September 15, 2024, 06:59:00 PM by 79ShortBox99
Views: 137 | Comments: 2

Hey Guys,

I've been reading posts on here for a long time for information on my 79 K10, and it has been the best resource I have found.

I am working on getting all the parts to put a Sanden 508 on the 5.3 that I swapped into my truck. The issue that I am currently facing is my evap core. All of the images that I have seen have two male fittings coming out of the evap core. My connection that goes from the evap core to the condenser is a female connection. I was using the diagrams on L-C Truck and images of similar setups to figure out what line attaches to the female side and I cannot find any other evap cores that have the same fitting on the bottom. All the evap cores I have seen have a male fitting on the bottom. Am I missing something here? I included an image to show the lower fitting.

Note: When I bought the truck, the AC lines and the compressor were already removed so I do not know if there was another component connecting to the female side to the condenser. From the images and diagrams I have seen, it does not appear that anything goes in between.

Image: https://drive.google.com/file/d/16uydH_AE4Gx8TU-8FaLKfYEB5Vf3BhEL/view?usp=drive_link

Any help would be awesome!
NCali
September 15, 2024, 05:00:24 PM by NCali
Views: 109 | Comments: 2

I have a 1987 2wd 1/2 ton with the pulse wiper system. switch on the column washer motor behind the tank. Problem is the wipers wont shut off. At times I can get  them to stop by twisting the switch back and forth.  My motor has 2 connectors, one for  the motor and one for the park position. with the connector pulled out of the park position, I checked the contacts with an ohm  meter and the contact is open.  with the key on I have 12 volts on the white wire of the park connector and 12 volts on all three wires going to the motor. the wipers have the low, high and intermittent functions when selected on the switch
thank you for any assistance, btw I have read your wiper section and ended up confused
JohnnyPopper
September 14, 2024, 07:01:32 PM by JohnnyPopper
Views: 214 | Comments: 8

Last year I had installed some cheesy KYB shocks on my K10.

On several occasions, driving over some decent bumps in the road at about 30-40 mph, one of my rear tires would being bouncing uncontrollably, shaking the entire truck violently.

Slowing down cured the symptom obviously.

It was almost like the shock froze and the tire went into wild vertical oscillations.

Suspecting shock failure I replaced them with Bilsteins, symptoms go away. (yay! I joined the club!)

Last week it happened again, so l turn to the brain trust for help.

Any ideas or similar experiences? TIA!
Pages: [1]

* Recent Posts

Re: 81 K10 Build by Mike81K10
[Today at 01:56:37 PM]

Re: 81 K10 Build by Mike81K10
[Today at 01:49:22 PM]

Re: 4x4 Trails!! by JohnnyPopper
[September 19, 2024, 11:09:04 PM]

Re: 84 Jimmy Build by 1981lt1
[September 19, 2024, 03:43:01 PM]

Re: New truck in the drive by JohnnyPopper