73-87 Chevy _ GMC Trucks > Crew Cabs

Crew Cab VIN Coming Back As 4x2

<< < (3/3)

bd:
Yeah, I forgot about the CACs.  It certainly was a clunky rollout and transition.  It's as though GM had hesitation in committing.

MIKE S:
I remember when I used to service these back when they weren't very old. The R/V vs C/K designation was very confusing for the parts stores when getting parts. Say you needed a water pump for your 1988 Chevy 1 ton cab and chassis. If it was a square body it was an R series. If the parts guy at the local parts store looked up the part and gave you a pump for a C series you would have gotten a reverse rotation pump that physically looked identical but it would have not worked and overheated. I had to "school" most of my part suppliers as they had no idea what an R/V series was.

bd:
LOL.  Unfortunately, that still occurs.

Shifty:

--- Quote from: MIKE S on May 31, 2023, 11:23:56 AM ---I remember when I used to service these back when they weren't very old. The R/V vs C/K designation was very confusing for the parts stores when getting parts. Say you needed a water pump for your 1988 Chevy 1 ton cab and chassis. If it was a square body it was an R series. If the parts guy at the local parts store looked up the part and gave you a pump for a C series you would have gotten a reverse rotation pump that physically looked identical but it would have not worked and overheated. I had to "school" most of my part suppliers as they had no idea what an R/V series was.

--- End quote ---
Easy as pie if you're a Square-Body counterman... :D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version