Author Topic: NO BRAKE NOR PARKING LIGHTS WORKING, NEW BULBS!  (Read 3704 times)

OKUMA111

NO BRAKE NOR PARKING LIGHTS WORKING, NEW BULBS!
« on: April 30, 2006, 12:07:00 PM »
hello guys,    please help me with my problem, I HAVE A 1981 GMC WHICH IT'S BED WAS REMOVED FOR PAINTING, WELL AFTER SITTING OVER 1 YEAR OUTSIDE NO WINDOWS EITHER, NOW MY TAILIGHTS WILL NOT WORK. NO STOP OR PARKING LIGHTS ARE WORKING. THE TURN SIGNAL WORK ONLY WHEN THE HAZARD SWITCH IS PULLED TO ON POSITION. MY CLUSTER LIGHTS WILL NOT WORK EITHER-HAVE GOOD BULBS. PLEASE H[/b]  

Offline 74stepside

Re: NO BRAKE NOR PARKING LIGHTS WORKING, NEW BULBS!
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2006, 03:42:00 PM »
www.chuckschevytruckpages...matic.html

use this diagram and check all your wires and connections...i completely rewired all my rear lights in about 1 hour using this diagram...

Offline VileZambonie

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2006, 06:50:00 PM »
check your connection at the head light switch and at the rear harness.

,                           ___ 
                         /  _ _ _\_
              ⌠ŻŻŻŻŻ'   [☼===☼]
              `()_);-;()_)--o--)_)

74 GMC, 75 K5, 84 GMC, 85 K20, 86 k20, 79 K10

OKUMA111

« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2006, 08:41:00 PM »
THANKS GUYS ! I WILL TRY CHECKING THIS ON THE WEEK-END

Offline AzChevy86

« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2006, 04:37:00 PM »
74stepside - Hey, I just want to thank u for sharing that link to the diagram of the lights. I had the same question, but my brake lights wasn't turning on when I turn on my headlights in the evening (got pulled over for it). I took a look at the fuse panel under the steering wheel - replaced the fuses. However, when I insert the BL (brake light) fuse, the light underneath dashboard would come on. Yet it would blow out the fuse immediately when I turn on my headlights to check my brake light. I don't know what the deal is with this, but I'll have to follow your diagram to see what the culprit is. Any other insights would be helpful. The lights were working fine before and I assumed it was a blown fuse, but replacing the fuse proved otherwise. 8o Thanks again!
Proud Owner of a 86 Chevy 4x4!! =)