Author Topic: Expecting Twins any Day now... Looking for feedback (no not that kind of twins)  (Read 21455 times)

Offline Captkaos

• OWNER and Administrator
  • Administrator
    • http://www.73-87chevytrucks.com
Thanks for the feedback.  I will keep everyone posted on the progress.

Offline Captkaos

• Administrator
I have been a little pre-occupied with pulling a 3800 out of my wifes old Grand Prix, but the twins arrived, just got to get the truck ready for the motor swap and turbo mock up..  Will post pics of the twins later.

Offline 1983stepside

• Frequent Member
ya it sounds  like a real cool kit, and id love to put twins on my 83 small block stepside, but like otheres i think the 7500 bucks is way to expensive, i mean look at sts systems for a 2003 silverado there around 4000, so if there was a way to bring cost down i bet more people would like the idea and buy  8)

Offline Captkaos

• Administrator
We sell STS kits and 2003 Silverados STS kits are $4000 for ONE turbo, and I am planning to design the kit around one single side and add the second to it mirrored.  You won't find a kit for twins and all the piping for sell for $4000.

Offline 1983stepside

• Frequent Member
well 7500 is just crazy good luck selling them

Offline Captkaos

• Administrator
If you read the post, you would realize that $7500 is on the high side, but you also have to consider it would be you have a truck with a motor in it and I sell you everything (headers to intake) to twin turbo one.  Coming from someone in their mid 20's I can understand your comment though.

Offline Hertzdaddy

I never really thought about the header part of the kit. That makes it seem a little more reasonable.

Offline Grim 82

well 7500 is just crazy good luck selling them
I don't know what the going rate would be to acquire all the parts and piece your own kit together, but if it's even in the same ballpark then $7500 is a small price to pay for somebody that wants a setup like that on their truck. I'm not in the market for twin turbos any time soon, but if I was I would buy the kit that was set up for these trucks, by somebody that knows these trucks, who is a click away for tech support when it comes time to hook it up.
Give a man a gun, and he might rob a bank. Give a man a bank, and he might rob the world.

Offline 1983stepside

• Frequent Member
ya know who cares how old i am capt i coould be 5 but it dont mean i have no idea what im talkin about, so take your turb\o kit and shuff it, i guess im the only one that isnt allowed to post what im thinking, everytime i have on anything you may have said or posted, you always come up with some stupid remark who cares how old i am really? why does that matter? do you know me no you dont, so who are you to make a stupid remark about my age, is the reason i say the things i do, im sorry that i f i belive in sonmething im gonna tell you how it is, i dont take crap from no body, and because your older than me you think you can walk all over me well like i said take your turbo kit and shuff it

Offline VileZambonie

• Global Moderator
ya know who cares how old i am capt i coould be 5 but it dont mean i have no idea what im talkin about, so take your turb\o kit and shuff it, i guess im the only one that isnt allowed to post what im thinking, everytime i have on anything you may have said or posted, you always come up with some stupid remark who cares how old i am really? why does that matter? do you know me no you dont, so who are you to make a stupid remark about my age, is the reason i say the things i do, im sorry that i f i belive in sonmething im gonna tell you how it is, i dont take crap from no body, and because your older than me you think you can walk all over me well like i said take your turbo kit and shuff it

I think your reply is unecessary and shows that you spent a great deal of time thinking that reply out  ::) (your grammar is equally impressive). Shuff it?  ???

When I was 23 I couldn't afford a $7500 turbo kit and that's how I read it but I'll let Cpt reply before this gets even uglier than it's getting.
,                           ___ 
                         /  _ _ _\_
              ⌠ŻŻŻŻŻ'   [☼===☼]
              `()_);-;()_)--o--)_)

74 GMC, 75 K5, 84 GMC, 85 K20, 86 k20, 79 K10

Offline beastie_3

• Josh
    • My truck pics
ya it sounds  like a real cool kit, and id love to put twins on my 83 small block stepside, but like otheres i think the 7500 bucks is way to expensive, i mean look at sts systems for a 2003 silverado there around 4000, so if there was a way to bring cost down i bet more people would like the idea and buy  8)

You have to factor in the demand need, manufacturing the kit, and what the kit includes. The STS kit only has one turbo and no headers.

Offline 1983stepside

• Frequent Member
no its done and again i didnt know this was a spelling bee, or english class, who cares if i could afford it or not im allowed to say what i feel about it just like every one else, and for some reason im in the wrong why does it matter how old i am? really can some one tell me why it matters why im 23 or 43, who cares, the response was what i was feeling not a planed one and i had to say what i said because heaven forbid if you swear on here, i cant believe how my age is making you all think im an idiot, im done with forum

Offline VileZambonie

• Global Moderator
I guess your age has Nothing to do with it because you sure are immature for 23! I'd expect an immature attitude like yours from a 15 year old but 23? I hope you don't act like this in real life. If something someone says bothers you, find a way to express yourself without saying swears if you can handle that (I know it's so hard), make your point using at least proper english and punctuation so you don't sound like a moron who is just having a spaz attack, and have a solution rather than a pointless complaint or learn how to debate an issue without spazzing and running away.

Summary, You don't like something that was said so you through a fit and quit. Do you do that at home? at work? With firends? Family? So I guess to answer your request I hope this clarifies why it matters if you're 23 or 43 because if this is how you react you need some growing up to do.
                         /  _ _ _\_
              ⌠ŻŻŻŻŻ'   [☼===☼]
              `()_);-;()_)--o--)_)

Offline 1983stepside

• Frequent Member
this is what i said nothing bad, dis respectful, none of that, and because of that i need to grow up, vile im sorry that if something gets under my skin i dont bottle it up and sat nothing, i tell the person whats on my mind, how i see fit, and again i didnt know this forum was about spell check, and good grammer, i dont care if i spelled a word wrong, you still figured out what i said didnt ya, and when i said sts sells a kit for a 03 silverado i know it was for a single turbo because i looked it up for my truck, all i was saying was, if there was a way to keep cost of building the kit down so the price can stay down,  more people would jump on board and buy a kit for themselves and because of that remark this happens.

Offline VileZambonie

• Global Moderator
You spelled grammar wrong.  ;)

The point is if you're trying to make a point, make a point without sounding like a fool. Your grammar and your blow out showed that you know how to throw a fit when you don't get your way or aren't understood by everyone from your point of view. Simply put, you can easily say I think it's way too expensive and would rather go with an eBay twin turbo kit since they're only $2,000 bucks or less and I don't see a big market for it. Instead you are appalled by the suggested price and throw your two cents in with the added "tude". The whole point of this thread was to get feedback on a 73-87 twin turbo complete system which this community is dedicated to.  Put your two cents in by all means but show some respect especially to the guy that put this site together for us to congregate. Just take a chill and think before you fly off the handle. Words are better spoken when they're well thought out.
                         /  _ _ _\_
              ⌠ŻŻŻŻŻ'   [☼===☼]
              `()_);-;()_)--o--)_)