Author Topic: Expecting Twins any Day now... Looking for feedback (no not that kind of twins)  (Read 21458 times)

Offline Grim 82

i dont take crap from no body, and because your older than me you think you can walk all over me well like i said take your turbo kit and shuff it

Easy killer. You are on Capt.'s site, and he has probably forgotten more about these trucks than you or I will ever know.
Give a man a gun, and he might rob a bank. Give a man a bank, and he might rob the world.

Offline team39763

I was thinking the same as 1983stepside at first, but I'm 27 and I don't have that kind of money to invest at the time(hopefully next year I will).  After actually thinking about it for a bit, this would actually work out pretty good.  A local guy does turbo installs and I'm not 100% sure on the prices, but I thought he charged $1000 in labor, then there's the $4000 single turbo kit, then there's $500+ in hidden costs for odds'n'ends. I'd say anything less than $7000 for a good fitting twin setup would be a good deal.  I'd go for it if I weren't so stuck on my carbed "all motor" setup for next year.

Offline Captkaos

• OWNER and Administrator
  • Administrator
    • http://www.73-87chevytrucks.com
Key point here was 7500 is on the high side and I was talking about $tainle$$ $teel Piping, mild steel will be cheaper.
As for every post he made I have a negative comment, I think we can search that, I have never negatively responded to anyone and if I did, I am sure you knew it as it was offline.  And I have about 10 PM's and emails asking for advice directly from you.

That said..  I am a dealer for STS, I have installed a few of these kits, and I can assure you once you GET the STS kit for $4000, there is at least $1500 not accounted for including the labor.

As for the Mid 20 comment, it was meant as I know where you are coming from.  When I was in my 20's there is NO WAY I would spend that kind of money on anything.  That is all...

Offline Layne

That's the way I took it Capt. That's some serious bank for me, but all in all, it sounds like a good deal
77 c-10 - 77 400 86 700r4 "Emmy"
83 citation - 2.5L Four on the Floor!
88 sierra - reman 350 700r4 "Eleanor"
All normal practicality and rational money handling goes out of the window when it comes to my truck.