Author Topic: Rear bumpers, chrome or grey?  (Read 8543 times)

Offline philo_beddoe

• 77 C-10
Re: Rear bumpers, chrome or grey?
« Reply #15 on: November 28, 2015, 11:42:17 AM »
I was afraid you'd say that. Well since i have the brand new bracket set, i'll get the right bumper. Thanks a lot for your help on this. Lesson learned.
Behold, the day of the LORD cometh, and thy spoil shall be divided in the midst of thee.  Zechariah 14:1

Offline LTZ C20

• "I'm here for a good time" -George Strait
« Reply #16 on: November 28, 2015, 12:58:09 PM »
I was afraid you'd say that. Well since i have the brand new bracket set, i'll get the right bumper. Thanks a lot for your help on this. Lesson learned.
I think in the end you will be more happy with it if you get the right bumper. The rear should match the front. You've gone to all stock look and that 80's bumper just doesn't compliment the look of your truck.
LTZ Cheyenne C20

Offline Stewart G Griffin

« Reply #17 on: November 28, 2015, 04:39:01 PM »
Mine came with the painted step bumper.

But you should do what you like.

Offline philo_beddoe

• 77 C-10
« Reply #18 on: November 28, 2015, 06:43:15 PM »
It came with a painted step, but was bent up when i got the truck. I'll get the new correct bumper to match the front.  just getting so sick of dropping cash on this thing, and the rear bumper is the last thing on my mile long list!
Behold, the day of the LORD cometh, and thy spoil shall be divided in the midst of thee.  Zechariah 14:1

Offline fitz

« Reply #19 on: November 29, 2015, 06:38:44 AM »
That is a sharp looking truck. 
Now I have a picture in my head as I read your other recent post.
I'll combine some of my answers here.
If your driving it through the winter, keep the underside oiled, and obviously, wash it as often as you can.
As far as the truck repair bills adding up, if you like the truck, don't let it get to you.
I look at it this way, a new 1/2 ton 4x4 is about $35k.  In  Mass the sales tax would be about $2,200 and the first years excise tax bill is about $700.  You can do a lot of maintenance to an old truck for $2900.

Offline philo_beddoe

• 77 C-10
« Reply #20 on: November 29, 2015, 03:16:13 PM »
Thanks Fitz for the encouraging words. Well, it continues, i just dropped $175 on a new rear bumper. At least i got the right one, bought it from the site store.

I am forced to drive the truck at least this winter, as i am very experienced in winter care. I already gave the undercarriage an oil bath. The beginning of many this winter. I even use a heavy duty garden sprayer just to knock off the salt every time they hit the roads. Its just a quick fix. But winter does take its toll. 

Offline 80Chevy4x4

• Registered Users
  • Honey this only costed a couple of dollars!
« Reply #21 on: November 29, 2015, 03:24:14 PM »
Well if anyone is sick of dropping cash into their truck I will say I am(for now) my daily driver a 1990 Ford F150 4x4 with a 6 cylinder blew the transmission again(5 speed that I had rebuilt back in 2008) and I wasn't gonna pay to have it rebuilt again...so I sold the Ford and started driving my 1980 Chevy 4x4 everyday to and from work...it costs my 65 dollars a week in gas and dag the problems I am having to fix sooner....Yes I know I am very lucky because I only paid $100.00 for the truck back in 2009 and yes it did run :)   but sometimes it gets so frustrating.  :)  But I love my truck  :)

Offline philo_beddoe

• 77 C-10
« Reply #22 on: November 29, 2015, 03:42:04 PM »
I know, the best feeling is when your done with a project on it and everything works out. Keep on keepin on.

Offline 80Chevy4x4

• Registered Users
  • Honey this only costed a couple of dollars!
« Reply #23 on: November 29, 2015, 04:43:58 PM »
Oh trust me I do plan on finishing the truck eventually....I really hope to have the body work done and painted by the spring.

Offline philo_beddoe

• 77 C-10
« Reply #24 on: November 29, 2015, 08:17:09 PM »
I cant wait to paint. Wont be for a while. Thats a major expense!

Offline philo_beddoe

• 77 C-10
« Reply #25 on: November 30, 2015, 09:17:27 AM »
New rear bumper ordered, old step and the WRONG bumper i got from a junk yard and cleaned up real nice with brackets, hopefully i will sell, already listed. No more junkyards, i hate them!