Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Body, Glass & Paint / Re: Cab Leak from wash/rain ?
« Last post by JohnnyPopper on Today at 06:24:52 PM »
Nowhere near as bad on today's soap bubbles.  (no personality cars)

"Wind tunnel cars" They all look the same  ::)
Interior & Equipment / Re: 1987 R10 Silverado RPO decoding
« Last post by VileZambonie on Today at 05:43:54 PM »
trying to get new interior and not sure if it had black or charcoal velour originally. looking for RPO codes for either black or charcoal , door panels, velour seat, velour inserts in the all electric door panels as well as the ceiling. I have found a partial RPO codes but not one that breaks down the interior options.
Thanks in advance.

Show us your SPID label.
Body, Glass & Paint / Re: Cab floor brace support
« Last post by VileZambonie on Today at 05:33:41 PM »
That's the beauty of repair panels is they give you pieces.
« Last post by Mike81K10 on Today at 12:51:52 PM »
To fix my truck, I had to cut out the bad metal and weld in patch panels.
« Last post by juancano on Today at 11:27:48 AM »
sorry correction I meant hood hinge seal

How did you fix that? Do you remove the cowl vent and add a bunch of sealant? Thanks.
Engine/Drivetrain / Re: 357 (350 - .40 Over) Build Questions Etc
« Last post by Shifty on Today at 10:09:00 AM »
Yup, different times, but also extra possibilities, like a new block, not an over-bored veteran that needs a lot of machine work to make true.
General Discussion / Re: Windshield wiper hose
« Last post by ehjorten on Today at 08:44:50 AM »
The later design windshield washer plumbing has a hose nipple immediately adjacent to each wiper arm axle that protrudes ~1" from the cowl.  The nozzles are built into the business end of the wiper arms near the wiper blade attachment pins.  The hose "clip" was more like a 4" long conduit that snapped onto the arm from below.  You may be able to fabricate a makeshift replacement from some UV stabilized black plastic tubing.

Not only that, but the cowl panel had larger openings around the wiper posts to accommodate the washer hose routing.
Engine/Drivetrain / Re: 357 (350 - .40 Over) Build Questions Etc
« Last post by Mike81K10 on April 30, 2024, 10:34:46 PM »
Strange, Was looking at was the list price of my 81 K10 when new, it was $7,920.00. The engine I am building for it cost more than what the list price was for my truck when new.
« Last post by Mike81K10 on April 30, 2024, 02:49:23 PM »
I just check online at the local parts store. They sell the wiper arm with all intact (wiper arm, nozzle, hose, and spray tip) for less than $30.

If the local parts stores have it, perhaps the forum's store will also have it.
« Last post by bd on April 30, 2024, 02:35:12 PM »
The later design windshield washer plumbing has a hose nipple immediately adjacent to each wiper arm axle that protrudes ~1" from the cowl.  The nozzles are built into the business end of the wiper arms near the wiper blade attachment pins.  The hose "clip" was more like a 4" long conduit that snapped onto the arm from below.  You may be able to fabricate a makeshift replacement from some UV stabilized black plastic tubing.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10