Author Topic: noisy cab solutions? ? ?  (Read 4455 times)

Offline mikeith

• Registered Users
noisy cab solutions? ? ?
« on: June 11, 2007, 10:28:02 AM »
ok lets face it... our trucks are DEFINATELY not known for having a quite ride... bad road noise, creeks and rattles, loud doors, and so on....

BUT has anyone come up with any good solutions for this? the reason i ask is becaus next week my interior will be COMPLETELY stripped out and being custom replaced and that would be the time to do something about the noise..... a few people have told me to bedline the floors the back and as much of the firewall as i could get to... and opinion on this?.... and i heard that quiterides stuff doesn't really do much? any opinions here aswell

Offline bigblock73

• Yeller
Re: noisy cab solutions? ? ?
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2007, 11:29:24 AM »
Jeff

'73 swb 2wd

73-87.com

Offline 80stepsideguy

« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2007, 02:01:31 PM »
I would also reccomend putting some inside of the doors(the inside of the doorskin) it will make it soundproof even more.I plan on doing this when my truck is too painted and ready for assembly.

thanks
pat
1980 Chevy c10 restomod:  350/700r4 12 bolt 3.73 rearend iris blue metallic
1998 Chevy 1500 S/B 2wd
1970 cougar convertible: triple white 1 of 1
2014 Hyundai Tucson Limited(my daily driver)
2023 Kia Sportage X Pro (her daily driver).
2017 Hyundai Tucson Limited(her everyday driver).

Offline Blazin

• Blazin new trails!
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2007, 07:10:21 AM »
Try riding in a new Colorado or Canyon. My buddy bought one last year, real bad wind and road noise. I tweaked the top of his doors in and that help a little but still pretty loud.
Some people are like Slinkies. Not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs

Offline Mr79C10

• Registered Users
  • My 79 C-10 Project
    • My 79 C10 Project
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2007, 11:54:37 AM »
Here is what I did on mine

http://www.73-87.com/7387garage/interior/sound_deadening.htm

SOOOO true and easy and cost effective. I did  my inner door panels, trans hump and made a HUGE difference! Cant wait till I get my bucket seats to do the rest of the insides. Also since I have my dash pad out. I put some in behind the dash areas to help.
To me its just as good as dynomat.
*79 C10 Short Box  ST8 6 bang'r
*Lowered w/ 3" Control arms, 2" Lower Coils  and 4" shackles and hangers W/ FLIP KIT  
*House of Friends

Offline strkr98

« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2007, 03:13:50 PM »
Dynamat.  My wife's truck has two 40 flowmasters dumped at the cab.  It made a difference putting it in.

Offline s75chevys

• my myspace
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2007, 01:56:08 AM »
too bad that dynomat is expensive!
~s75chevys~

Offline xtremjeepn

• Registered Users
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2007, 09:40:15 AM »
This is what I am using right now building the Crew Cab.

http://www.raamaudio.com/cgi-bin/index.cgi

Rick is a great guy. MUCH cheaper than many of the other solutions.

Sorry. This is going to be the best shot I have of it. You can see that I am doing the whole floor, doors, and even the outside of the cab under the fenders. I also put it inside the front fenders.  Add the soft stuff and some sound backed carpet and this thing might be nice to drive some day.

FWIW I Rhino Lined my Jeep TJs tub and it made a HUGE difference in the sound also. But you need to do a thick rubbery lining like Rhino lining and not something thin like Line-X if you want it for the sound deadening.

« Last Edit: November 30, 2007, 09:42:40 AM by xtremjeepn »
Cole
Restomod Crew Cab Short box on 37"s