Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Electrical / Re: None vac dizzy
« Last post by Chevygold on Today at 05:53:09 AM »
Put the timing light on and firing at TDC at idle, which I think went to 6 degrees max when revved, that might be wrong as I left the bit of paper in the garage when it started raining again!!
Anyway set it to 35 degrees all in and it seems to run OK but still have the misfire above about 5K.
I've ordered  a Moroso adjustable vacuum unit and a Proform ignition module, once they arrive I'll pull it and rebuild it with the vacuum can first and see what it's like but I suspect the module is on its way out, I always try to do just one thing at a time otherwise you never know where the fault was.
I have my Snap on analyser all ready to put on and see what that tells me but we've just had a thunderstorm with hailstones so not going out there again just yet!!
Will update once I get back to it.
Thanks
Graham
« Last post by VileZambonie on March 28, 2024, 12:17:06 PM »
I'm going to guess someone swapped that in once upon a time.
Members Rides / Re: New truck in the drive
« Last post by Dr_Snooz on March 27, 2024, 08:29:29 PM »
I used Krylon ColorMaxx spray paint in Gloss Machinery Gray.

https://www.oreillyauto.com/detail/c/colormaxx/krylon-colormaxx-12-ounce-machinery-gray-spray-paint/kry8/5599?q=machinery+gloss+gray&pos=0

It was kind of an impulse buy, but yeah, it makes a nice contrast.

I got a bad gas smell in the cabin while driving last week. I did an emergency roadside inspection and discovered that one of the fuel filter flare nuts had come completely loose and was rattling around on the hard line while fuel dripped on the ground. Thank Heaven the system is only 13 PSI.

If you honk down on those nuts, the orings get destroyed. If you don't, then this happens. Anyway, I tightened it up and the gas smell is fixed. No need for a new tank! (yet)
« Last post by Chevygold on March 27, 2024, 06:16:46 PM »
Hi Vile could it be the vacuum unit has just been removed for some reason? If it stops raining tomorrow I'll see what the timing is now and post what I got.

Graham
« Last post by VileZambonie on March 27, 2024, 05:24:58 PM »
Dizzy's are for Honda boys. Swap out a vacuum advance HEI in place of your "dizzy"
Brakes, Frame, Steering & Suspension / Re: Overload Leaf Spring Removal
« Last post by VileZambonie on March 27, 2024, 05:22:07 PM »
Overload will not make it a better ride but will change the height and weight of the pack.
Electrical / None vac dizzy
« Last post by Chevygold on March 27, 2024, 05:18:28 PM »
76 C10 longbed 383 stroker with TH400 tranny.
Trying to get my truck running better after a bit of body TLC, been playing with the carb to get decent combustion AFR and think it's OK on the primary now although still need to put the new carpet in and the seat before I can give it a road test!
After deciding maybe it was an ignition fault so opened up the dizzy and found the contacts in the cap in a bad way, set to with some wet n dry and got them looking good, gave the centre contact a clean as well while I was there, also cleaned the rotating contact and centre spring contact on the rotor.
Put it all back and it was better but still misfired above 5K revs so wondered if it's maybe the timing which I haven't touched since I got the truck.
Anyway the dizzy doesn't have a vacuum unit fitted which I've never really give much thought to until now so how do I time it? 35degrees all in maybe? Other than Delco-Remy and Made in USA I can't find any numbers on the dizzy, also there is a 4 way connector attached 4 wires yellow (or white?), pink/white, brown/black and black, pictures attached, should this be plugged into something which I don't have?
Thanks
Graham
Engine/Drivetrain / Re: Orange (kicker) wire help
« Last post by VileZambonie on March 27, 2024, 05:12:31 PM »
It sounds like bd is on the money but why not post a pic?
Interior & Equipment / Re: Door Panels
« Last post by Mike81K10 on March 27, 2024, 04:28:03 PM »
I never did! Just cheap plastic!
Brakes, Frame, Steering & Suspension / Re: Overload Leaf Spring Removal
« Last post by Scott91370 on March 27, 2024, 12:06:28 PM »
You can.  It may not do much.  You could also remove the next spring in the pack and see how it rides.  If you're not using it to haul then you shoudl be fine.  Remember, removing the second spring in the pack might lower the rear just a bit as well.

I had a had a 4 spring pack and I removed the two middle springs to lower it.  Couldn't put anything in the rear because it was soft but it rode better when empty.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10