Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30

* Search

* Top Boards

As of April 1, 2008 All Classified forums require a Site Supporter subscription.  It is only $25 per year and you can buy and sell whatever you like on the forum.  To become a Site Supporter, go to your profile and select "Paid Subscriptions" or use the following link: http://forum.73-87chevytrucks.com/smforum/index.php?action=profile;sa=subscriptions

Welcome to 73-87chevytrucks.com

73-87chevytrucks.com is not only a forum we are also a vendor for a variety of parts both replacement and custom. Check out our store at 73-87chevytrucks.com Online Store

73-87chevytrucks Social Network

We are also on Facebook so give us a like to the page if you like what you see: http://www.facebook.com/7387chevytrucks

Follow us on Instagram at https://www.instagram.com/7387chevytrucks

Follow us on Twitter at https://twitter.com/7387chevytrucks

73-87chevytrucks Merchandise

Looking for a shirt, cap hoodie or anything else with our logo, check out or Cafepress site or our Spreadshirt site

Today at 08:08:17 PM by josh0325 | Views: 7 | Comments: 1

Finally got valves adjusted, and the engine is running much better, but when I'm trying to time it with vacuum advance disconnected, the timing mark is bouncing back and forth on the pointer.  The harmonic balancer has not slipped, and timing set is brand new. Spark plugs wires, and plugs are new too.  I've never seen this before, Vacuum canister seems to be too advanced, but mark is fluctuating between 10-14 degrees BTDC.  If I retard it, it doesn't even register on the timing gun dial, and it runs like crap

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Today at 07:58:19 PM by joe.johnson91 | Views: 8 | Comments: 1

My left rear brake is over tightening itself. It's a 84 C10 with drum brakes. I cleaned the brakes and everything looks fine but, it didn't fix the problem. Any ideas? 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Today at 02:28:15 PM by Spoonbill | Views: 34 | Comments: 3

Hey guys, me again. 87 r10 305 tbi 700r4. Truck is off, I start it up doesn't matter if I shift into drive or reverse, it will almost die. It stumbles until it catches itself. It doesn't matter if it is warmed up or not. Anyone have a clue as too what might be going on? Started doing this about 3 weeks ago and just getting worse
Today at 03:45:48 AM by chevn-up | Views: 59 | Comments: 5

hey folks, trying to remove the torque converter from the flex-plate. This is an 85 TH350. My question is are these bolts reverse thread? I haven't been able to bust 'em loose yet.
quinn.goode
September 24, 2017, 08:42:18 PM by quinn.goode
Views: 77 | Comments: 3

Lately I've been posting about cooling issues with my 84 C20 with the sbc350. She started over heating one day about a week and a half ago. After going through the entire cooling system and replacing everything that could have been causing my issues. The truck has been running rough, overheating at idle in just a few minutes and the entire cooling system appeared to be working properly. After sitting for the weekend, I warmed her up and have a few light revs to try to kick it into a normal idle. That's when I noticed black/brown water coming from the passenger exhaust pipe. Upon closer inspection....the exhaust pipe around the starter has had oil blown all over it and dark oily looking water has been ejected from the end if the pipe. I've been experiencing the cooling issues, misfire, and more exhaust smoke than normal. I believe all of these thing are pointing to a blown head gasket. I think it's time to give in and accept that it's time to replace the motor. If anyone has any alternate suggestions or any tips on a new motor is greatly appreciate it. I'd like to keep a period correct 350 in it and and I don't have much to spend. I live in the Houston area if anyone has or knows of a motor for sale or a good mechanic to swap it.
SOS!

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

Pages: [1]

* Recent Posts

Re: Heater Core bracket & rubber spacers? by gntblue
[Today at 08:40:09 PM]

Re: Brake Drag by bd
[Today at 08:38:02 PM]

Re: Timing issue!!! by bd
[Today at 08:36:14 PM]

Re: torque converter bolts by bd
[Today at 08:28:51 PM]