Author Topic: new to me gmc  (Read 1889 times)

Offline 82chevyk20

new to me gmc
« on: September 29, 2015, 09:43:06 PM »
its been a long time since ive been on here for that i apologize but here it goes. some of you may or may not remember but i had a 82 k20 i was building to be a tow/weekend puller. well shes gone and as far as i know its pulling in alabama now. i just got back into a square last winter and here it is. my 83 gmc jimmy i bought the thing dirt cheap.i was building a merc 2.5 for the guy and he told me there was a parts motor behind the building and thats where i found it. the jimmy looked like it had been there for years and i had wanted another k5 since i sold the white 83 i had. i couldnt help myself so i asked what he wanted and if he had a title. he did and when he told me the price i had to have it. well we got it home to find it needed a bit of work. when we finally got it started we found the factory 305 was on its last leg and begging for mercy.i also found the fuel tank leaked BAD but there was a tank in the back that looked to be old but never used. i got the new tank installed and began the search for a new engine i wound up putting a mild 350 in it. i drove it on and off until a couple months ago i wont got into details but the 350 wound up with a slung rod. i just now have been able to get the newest engine in (the pictured engine here is the new one).im hoping the new engine will be started tomorrow. i also have a new exhaust plan for this engine.