Author Topic: Hello!! Project Betsy  (Read 2206 times)

Offline boomboy110

Hello!! Project Betsy
« on: September 10, 2017, 11:16:16 AM »

Hello everyone! My name is Brian, I'm from northeaster PA. I'm new to the forums, but have been searching and using this site for my own knowledge for awhile now, and I admire your information and help!
A little about my truck(Betsy).. it's a '79 c10 RCLB with 120k miles. It has been a part of the family since new, when my Dad bought it. In '99, Dad handed it to me, and we worked together in converting from an inline 250/3 on tree, into what it is today, a crate 350/th350. I've also dropped it 2"/2-1/4". And she has been kept meticulously maintained since new. In '03, I decided to purchase a '78 vette, and my mom wanted Betsy back for herself. In '09 my Dad passed away, and in '13 mom decided it was time to give Betsy a facelift in his memory.. The body and interior has been all redone. This year Mom and I talked and decided I would enjoy Betsy more than she does anymore.. So now it is time to make her engine bay match the look of her body.. I have already purchased a '99 vortec 454, with the PCM and all the FI components.. so my goal is in the next couple years, I will be working from the rear wnd and working my way towards the front. Upgrading and preparing for the power of the big block when it is installed.. my goal is for 500hp, and over 600 ft/lbs. and to be done by feb of '19.. I have a lot of work and a lot of homework ahead of me. But I've been turning wrenches since I was 12, I am now 34, and I am very computer savvy.So I am excited and nervous at same time.. First time dealing with a FI conversion/tuning.. I also have a '94 GMC RCSS, which I am upgrading from a 305-350 in the spring, so I will get my feet wet with tuning the TBI when I do that..
Anyways, sorry for the long intro. I am glad to be a part of the forums now, and look forward to hearing your advice and help as I go along with this project..  Anyone who has done this sort of install, hope you aren't afraid to chime in as I go.. thanks in advance, and Hello to all.. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: September 10, 2017, 11:31:41 AM by boomboy110 »

Offline zieg85

• Global Moderator
    • 73-87 GM squarebody extended cab and conversions up to 91 R/V series
Re: Hello!! Project Betsy
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2017, 12:34:01 PM »
Welcome from the St. Louis, MO area!
Carl 
1985 C20 Scottsdale 7.4L 4 speed 3.21
1986 C10 under construction
https://www.facebook.com/groups/248658382003506/

Offline Irish_Alley

• Tim
  • Global Moderator
  • Family is not an important thing. It's everything.
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2017, 01:34:35 PM »
welcome from maryland
If you can’t tell yourself the truth, who can you tell it to?~Irish_Alley

When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth ~Sherlock Holmes

Offline fitz

« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2017, 07:05:35 PM »
Welcome from Mass.
It's  great hearing about trucks with a family history.