Author Topic: cold air in take  (Read 1438 times)

Offline hosscatt

cold air in take
« on: May 24, 2018, 12:08:41 PM »
Im not a new member but has been awhile since i have been online.  I go by Hosscatt. My wife and I have 1985 silverado it has  230000 miles on the orignal paint which does not look bad. WE bought the truck in 1991 from neigbor whic he bought new. As i said the paint is all orignal that were the orignal stops .I took v6 out of truck about 15 years ago, make long story short on engines ,I just dropped 383 stroker in last month with 700r tranny and now has 343 gear posi also has msd fuel injection on it. This truck has always been in AZ. no rust. When i get it detail and cleaned up will post pics if ican find out how to do. I would like to know if anyone has put cold air intake on there truck. Also does anyone know of some one in phx area that works on the msd fuel injection, mine working good but would like to get fine tuned. Thanks Hosscatt

Offline Irish_Alley

• Tim
  • Global Moderator
  • Family is not an important thing. It's everything.
Re: cold air in take
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2018, 05:08:52 PM »
cant really say "yes" about the cold air intake but i can say we did it to a 88 blazer. but i cant really tell you to go to "this" store and buy this part but i can tell you the majority of the parts came from a big rig. we used a 90° elbow for a big rig (think it might have been to the intercooler) it has to be the same size or about as the mouth of your intake (carb, tbi or whatever youre using) and from there a straight piece of pip from the same big rig set up and ran that into the hole where the heater core used to be.

i know this doesnt really help you out because you dont want to remove your heater core but it may help you out on where to start looking for parts
it kind of looks like this

it has a low profile so it should clear your hood.
If you can’t tell yourself the truth, who can you tell it to?~Irish_Alley

When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth ~Sherlock Holmes