Author Topic: 73 wheel cylinders  (Read 3013 times)

Offline seventyx3

73 wheel cylinders
« on: March 18, 2012, 09:53:43 PM »
73 wheel cylinders are a different part number than other 1 inch bores, but the only differences I can tell is the angle of the brake lineand differences in the right and left brake bleeder.  I bought new rear axle brake lines that are straight and fit my 75, but they are for the 73. I know I could just bend the lines, but I'd rather not and only by one pair of speed bleeders.  I'm considering changing the wheel cylinder anyway.  Does anyone know if they will interchange? 

Offline Irish_Alley

• Tim
  • Global Moderator
  • Family is not an important thing. It's everything.
Re: 73 wheel cylinders
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2012, 02:57:54 AM »
what axle?
If you can’t tell yourself the truth, who can you tell it to?~Irish_Alley

When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth ~Sherlock Holmes

Offline bake74

• Build Thread
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2012, 09:04:34 AM »
     Like Irish said, what axle/truck series are you working on ?  (you said 73, c or k, 10 or 20 or 30, makes a difference). 
     Also can you just hold it up to your 73 and see if the angles will work for the brake lines, you do not want to go and bend the brake lines too much, you could kink or split them if they are brittle.
#1: The easiest and most obvious solution to any problem is 99% of the time correct.
#2: There is no such thing as impossible, it just takes longer.
  74 k10, 77k10    Tom

Offline seventyx3

« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2012, 10:36:11 PM »
Both are c10 axles.

Offline Irish_Alley

• Tim
  • Global Moderator
  • Family is not an important thing. It's everything.
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2012, 12:48:25 AM »
the lines should be the same besides the bend. but its the same line at the parts store. the only problem i see is the back plate might be different if you can swap that and the shoes then you should be good
If you can’t tell yourself the truth, who can you tell it to?~Irish_Alley

When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth ~Sherlock Holmes