Author Topic: making an air cleaner with dual intakes..  (Read 15081 times)

Offline rich weyand

Re: making an air cleaner with dual intakes..
« Reply #15 on: May 20, 2014, 12:36:18 PM »
BTW, you either need to plug the extra heat riser inlet port on the bottom of the new snorkel, or connect up a second heat stove on that side.  Don't leave it open, or in cold weather the carb will be slow to come up to temp, and performance and mileage will suffer.

You can just cork it up, but you do need to hook up vacuum to the second air door vacuum motor.  Once the carb temp comes up, both air doors will open for the cold air induction tubes.  Most of the factory double-snorkel air cleaners had the heat stove on one side only, though both sides had the vacuum door to close off cold outside air until the carb heats up.
Rich

"Working Girl": 1978 K-10 RCSB 350/TH350/NP203 +2/+3 Tuff Country lift

Offline dvdswan

• Frequent Member
« Reply #16 on: May 21, 2014, 10:57:20 PM »
good to know.  thank you Rich.

Offline Dan75k20

• Frequent Member
« Reply #17 on: June 07, 2014, 04:44:38 PM »
How's the dual snorkel working out

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Offline dvdswan

• Frequent Member
« Reply #18 on: December 27, 2014, 03:58:13 PM »
so I finally got the heat riser installed and the other side blocked off.  the idle doesn't change though.  what I mean is the heat riser works, the flaps are closed until the heat gets to the flap mechanism then they open.  I think my choke isn't working right as the idle doesn't rise on the cold mornings.  I rebuilt the carb over the summer and pretty sure it was put together right as the truck runs great.

« Last Edit: December 28, 2014, 02:51:09 PM by dvdswan »

Offline Irish_Alley

• Tim
  • Global Moderator
  • Family is not an important thing. It's everything.
« Reply #19 on: December 27, 2014, 11:27:27 PM »
hey dvdswan i cant see the picture due to a firewall can you host it here or on photobucket?
If you can’t tell yourself the truth, who can you tell it to?~Irish_Alley

When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth ~Sherlock Holmes

Offline gwcrim

• Registered Users
  • Far from a Newbie
« Reply #20 on: April 06, 2016, 05:56:35 PM »
Digging up and old thread here.  I'm interested in a dual snorkel set up.  Today I traded a few emails with Pierre at Air Inlet Systems.  They seem to have a great off the shelf piece.  Good for me since my fabrication skills are less than great.  Someone on this forum named Mike Erwin used their set up as seen in an earlier post:

http://www.73-87.com/7387garage/drivetrain/ram_air.htm

Is Mike still around?  Anyone else use this?  My question as of now is, what do you use on the driver's side to attach the hose?  The knock out hole isn't as large as the passenger side hole.