Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Instrumentation / Re: Tachometer for 81 Chevy k10
« Last post by Mike81K10 on Today at 01:48:39 AM »
Not sure how much work it will take to install. However I like the RTX gauges. I noticed on the Dakota WEB site they say you can add 16 extra gauges. I did not look at all of it yet but will look into it and what is all involved to install it. Many color options as well!
I may not come on here too much anymore but I'll slways be a site supporter.   This website helped me through my build in so many ways I'll always be grateful.   Even if I don;t post so much I'll still support this site Chris has made and keeps maintaining for us.

I should have some truck stuff coming up when I get to it.   My AC doesnt work because the AC fuse melted the fuse panel.  While I fix that I have to put in all new dash vents and a new AC switch control panel.   I also have to put in a new dual tank switch under the truck.   I have a full tank of gas right now i can;t use...lol   When I get to them I will be posting stuff up about it.

These days my main toy I been working on is my 97 Z28 Daily Driver.
General Discussion / Re: Windshield wiper hose
« Last post by VileZambonie on May 02, 2024, 04:45:13 PM »
Google this part # 15581004
Body, Glass & Paint / Re: Cab Leak from wash/rain ?
« Last post by JohnnyPopper on May 01, 2024, 06:24:52 PM »
Nowhere near as bad on today's soap bubbles.  (no personality cars)

"Wind tunnel cars" They all look the same  ::)
Interior & Equipment / Re: 1987 R10 Silverado RPO decoding
« Last post by VileZambonie on May 01, 2024, 05:43:54 PM »
trying to get new interior and not sure if it had black or charcoal velour originally. looking for RPO codes for either black or charcoal , door panels, velour seat, velour inserts in the all electric door panels as well as the ceiling. I have found a partial RPO codes but not one that breaks down the interior options.
Thanks in advance.

Show us your SPID label.
Body, Glass & Paint / Re: Cab floor brace support
« Last post by VileZambonie on May 01, 2024, 05:33:41 PM »
That's the beauty of repair panels is they give you pieces.
« Last post by Mike81K10 on May 01, 2024, 12:51:52 PM »
To fix my truck, I had to cut out the bad metal and weld in patch panels.
« Last post by juancano on May 01, 2024, 11:27:48 AM »
sorry correction I meant hood hinge seal

How did you fix that? Do you remove the cowl vent and add a bunch of sealant? Thanks.
Engine/Drivetrain / Re: 357 (350 - .40 Over) Build Questions Etc
« Last post by Shifty on May 01, 2024, 10:09:00 AM »
Yup, different times, but also extra possibilities, like a new block, not an over-bored veteran that needs a lot of machine work to make true.
General Discussion / Re: Windshield wiper hose
« Last post by ehjorten on May 01, 2024, 08:44:50 AM »
The later design windshield washer plumbing has a hose nipple immediately adjacent to each wiper arm axle that protrudes ~1" from the cowl.  The nozzles are built into the business end of the wiper arms near the wiper blade attachment pins.  The hose "clip" was more like a 4" long conduit that snapped onto the arm from below.  You may be able to fabricate a makeshift replacement from some UV stabilized black plastic tubing.

Not only that, but the cowl panel had larger openings around the wiper posts to accommodate the washer hose routing.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10