Author Topic: anti theft device?  (Read 2675 times)

Offline gildardo01

• Frequent Member
anti theft device?
« on: October 01, 2012, 07:56:29 AM »
hey there, i wired my chevy stepside truck with a few hidden switches inside the cab to prevent a thief from starting my truck, sounds simple right...but i was thinking whats the use of having the best alarm system, switches, you name it if your truck is stolen at a red light at gun point.... is there some kind of device that you can install in your truck that if it does get stolen you can call a number or something on a phone and kills your engine? or what over anti theft devices are out there? i dont think all this security might be necessary for my chevy, but im thinking of getting that new 2013 ford raptor and thatīs something might get stolen in such a manner... might consider a kill switch for the chevy too thought dont get me wrong... the way things are its better to be safe than sorry... i also have a nissan hard body and i used that for a daily drive and those trucks get stolen really really quick where iīm at, sometimes when ever im in an area where i know trucks have been stolen before i just take out a relay or a plug wire and take it with me....

never had anything stolen before, but i do know people that have had their vehicle stolen and its not cool....

Offline gildardo01

• Frequent Member
Re: anti theft device?
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2012, 08:09:12 AM »
wow check this out.... http://www.ebay.com/itm/GPS-Tracker-Tracking-Finder-Car-Auto-Vehicle-Truck-Locator-Satellite-Live-GSM-/130774755570?pt=US_Tracking_Devices&hash=item1e72c868f2

i didnīt know something like this was available, i guess i live under a rock.... has any one ever tried one of these systems...