Author Topic: wiper question  (Read 2748 times)

Offline Low82C10

wiper question
« on: October 01, 2012, 08:24:45 PM »
what is the difference in wipers? as far as delay or intermitting....the reason i ask is, i have what i think is a two speed switch and its also a push button for the wiper fluid pump. i have the unit on the fire wall that im guessing is a all in one, wiper motor and pump. PO told me it has a 85/86 front end so im not sure if this is were the problem is, i also have a wiper fluid bottle with the motor mounted on it but the wires went to the bulk head and did nothing. my problem is....when i push the button in to squirt water, it just clicks. the pump wires in engine bay (pink,white)??? when i disconnect them only one has 12v when i push the button when the connector is connected they both have 12v and when i push the button one wire goes dead?

Offline bd

• Global Moderator
Re: wiper question
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2012, 01:45:41 AM »
The washer pump receives power whenever the ignition is on.  The washer switch completes the pump circuit to ground.  Sounds like you have a bad pump.
Rich
It's difficult to know just how much you don't know until you know it.
In other words... if people learn by making mistakes, by now I should know just about everything!!!
87 R10 Silverado Fleetside 355 MPFI 700R4 3.42 Locker (aka Rusty, aka Mater)

Offline Low82C10

« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2012, 05:55:21 PM »
can the pump be tested but using a battery positive to + etc

Offline bd

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2012, 05:59:54 PM »
Sure.  Pink wire is positive, white wire is negative.  Supply power and ground to those two terminals, respectively.
Rich
It's difficult to know just how much you don't know until you know it.
In other words... if people learn by making mistakes, by now I should know just about everything!!!
87 R10 Silverado Fleetside 355 MPFI 700R4 3.42 Locker (aka Rusty, aka Mater)