Author Topic: Wanted to share  (Read 2993 times)

Offline PimpinSmurf

Wanted to share
« on: November 14, 2005, 10:21:00 PM »
Hey guys this weekend I had a weird experience. My dad gave me a 80 C10 it has a 1969 350 out of a chevelle in it. The truck has been sitting for the past 5 years, The truck was running but it had a little tick i did not think much of it until saturdy we had just done a tune up on it and was letting it idle it was sounding good until that ticking got real bad you could hear it over the engine I cut the engine off and looked under the hood seen nothing unusual so I fired it up and looked under the truck and noticed the dust cover shaking cut the truck off and crawled under it pulled the dust cover back and the crank had ripped the cover and pulled it up some and the crank was hitting it.I took off the dust cover and it runs smooth... no tick :lol  

Offline 87swb

• Frequent Member
wanted to share
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2005, 02:41:00 PM »
well it sounds like you're lucky it is not an engine problem. but i wouldn't take off road or anything like that.

Offline PimpinSmurf

Re: wanted to share
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2005, 04:34:00 PM »
Naw no off road for my truck. I work doing HVAC so I work with sheetmetal I will fab my own dust cover to put back on it.

Offline 87swb

• Frequent Member
wanted to share
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2005, 05:10:00 PM »
reason i mention it is because i knew a guy that had a 78 Ford F-150 4x4 jacked up and all and he hunted in it and he was going down a field road and i guess it had ruts and he bent his up and then he started having trouble cranking it and he didn't have dust cover. i think you'll be alright though as long as your on the street.