Author Topic: LS swap Gurus  (Read 13078 times)

Offline jon316

Re: LS swap Gurus
« Reply #30 on: June 19, 2020, 07:00:43 PM »
Ok I’ll check them! Thanks! I’ll be doing some nice wilwood and new rotors so I’ll make sure they’re working properly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline jon316

« Reply #31 on: June 20, 2020, 09:15:55 AM »
So I got this D52 Wilwood kit specifically for the c10....and also a set of rotors. First the rotors are too big, not even the bearings fit. So I said screw it need the truck to run already I’ll run the current rotors for now. And now the brake line bolt doesn’t match! What a mission. Any help?

I’m about to just put everything back and rebuild that one caliper. Never dealt with so much issues on a truck. But I’ve worked on mostly OBS trucks and NBS trucks.

Offline jon316

« Reply #32 on: June 20, 2020, 09:30:02 AM »
I’m seeing jb1 and jb3 and jb5.... I have j50? Not sure what rotors and calipers I should use!

Offline bd

• Global Moderator
« Reply #33 on: June 20, 2020, 04:45:50 PM »
Based on the VIN and J50 vacuum power brake code your truck was constructed with JB3 brakes.

Brake Tech, what do all the numbers mean..
Rich
It's difficult to know just how much you don't know until you know it.
In other words... if people learn by making mistakes, by now I should know just about everything!!!
87 R10 Silverado Fleetside 355 MPFI 700R4 3.42 Locker (aka Rusty, aka Mater)

Offline jon316

« Reply #34 on: June 20, 2020, 05:03:25 PM »
Got it, went to oreillys and stuck with the oem stuck. Matched the best to jb1/jb3 so that’s what I went with and worked out. Thanks!!

Offline 87ChevyR10

• Registered Users
« Reply #35 on: September 07, 2022, 01:06:47 PM »
Holy sh^*! See? Reading posts where others are having issues lets you know that what you might have going on could be child's play to someone else's troubles. When I rewired my fuel system's wiring I found a mystery green wire wired into the factory wiring for the fuel pump as well as a cut wire grounded to the frame. I thought my situation was ugly.

dang man. Hope you got all that sorted out!