Author Topic: Remote start/alarm  (Read 8683 times)

Offline 1979C20

• Kyle Taulton.
Remote start/alarm
« on: February 06, 2012, 11:55:02 AM »
Okay. I bought a Python 1600XP Keyless entry, Remote start, and Alarm from my uncle for 50 bucks, and he threw in a brand new car battery charger. I've downloaded and thoroughly read the user manual and the installation guide.

Remote Start Satellite Wire install:
PURPLE- (+) Starter Output
      After cutting the starter wire connect the PURPLE wire to the end going to the starter motor.
GREEN- Starter Input
      After cutting the starter wire connect the GREEN wire to the end going to the key side of the ignition.
2 REDS- (+) 12V Input for High Current
      These wires are the source of current for all the circuits the relay satellite will energize. They must be connected to a High Current Source.
ORANGE- (+) Accessory Output
      Connect this wire to the Accessory wire in the vehicle which powers the Climate Control System
PINK- (+) Ignition Input
      Connect this wire to the ignition wire in the vehicle.
PINK//WHITE- (+) Second ignition accessory output(where applicable)
      Connect this wire to the second ignition/accessory wire in the vehicle(where applicable)
RED//WHITE- (+) 12V Input
      If additional current capacity is needed cut this wire, add a fuse adequate for the circuit to be supplied, and connect to an additional 12V source.

Now, the remote start side of the harness and instructions, it says to cut the wire from the ignition to the starter and splice the purple wire(on the alarm harness) to the "end going to the starter motor", and the Green wire(on the alarm harness) to the "key side of the ignition". Then it says to connect the pink wire(on the alarm harness) to the "ignition wire in the vehicle". Does this mean the Pink and Green wires will be hooked up together? or, does the pink wire turn on my accessories that come on with the key on, since it says "Ignition Output"? And do I have to cut the starter wire to install the remote start? Is there somewhere I can disconnect the starter wire and the put the remote start wiring in line with the starter wire, so I don't have to splice the starter wire if I ever take the remote start out? Thanks for the help in advanced. I could get everything else figured out okay, but this one I figured I should get some help on.
1979 SCLB C20 Q-jet 350 SM465 14b F.F. 4.10 G80
1989 GMC Suburban V2500 TBI350 TH400 4in lift 35's 14b SF

Offline Captkaos

• OWNER and Administrator
  • Administrator
    • http://www.73-87chevytrucks.com
Re: Remote start/alarm
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2012, 03:10:02 PM »
The exciter wire on the solenoid is the start side.  to crank one you just need to have power going to it, but the ignition has to be switched to the run position (this is the ignition side).  I didn't read everything you have listed, but if you are going to bypass the key being turned to run, make sure you hide whatever you are installing well.

Offline 1979C20

• Kyle Taulton.
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2012, 07:51:16 PM »
Okay, im working on istalling the keyless entry/alarm side of things, and the python unit is not sending enough power to the lock actuators to open the doors. I dont know what to do to get more power to the lock actuators. I had an ebay keyless entry on my truck previously  and it worked great until I fried one of the mini relays. And now, this python, which worked great in my uncles car, wont send enough power to the actuators to lock or unlock the doors, even with the actuator disconnected from the door. Any ideas?
1979 SCLB C20 Q-jet 350 SM465 14b F.F. 4.10 G80
1989 GMC Suburban V2500 TBI350 TH400 4in lift 35's 14b SF

Offline jaredts

« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2012, 05:14:22 AM »
How's remote start gonna work on a carbureted vehicle?  I always wondered if it could work, but it needs a shot of gas.  On the keyless entry my guess would be you just need to buy some bigger relays.  Do they have an amp rating on them?

Offline bake74

• Build Thread
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2012, 09:04:25 AM »
Okay. I bought a Python 1600XP Keyless entry, Remote start, and Alarm from my uncle for 50 bucks, and he threw in a brand new car battery charger. I've downloaded and thoroughly read the user manual and the installation guide.

Remote Start Satellite Wire install:
PURPLE- (+) Starter Output
      After cutting the starter wire connect the PURPLE wire to the end going to the starter motor.
GREEN- Starter Input
      After cutting the starter wire connect the GREEN wire to the end going to the key side of the ignition.
2 REDS- (+) 12V Input for High Current
      These wires are the source of current for all the circuits the relay satellite will energize. They must be connected to a High Current Source.
ORANGE- (+) Accessory Output
      Connect this wire to the Accessory wire in the vehicle which powers the Climate Control System
PINK- (+) Ignition Input
      Connect this wire to the ignition wire in the vehicle.
PINK//WHITE- (+) Second ignition accessory output(where applicable)
      Connect this wire to the second ignition/accessory wire in the vehicle(where applicable)
RED//WHITE- (+) 12V Input
      If additional current capacity is needed cut this wire, add a fuse adequate for the circuit to be supplied, and connect to an additional 12V source.

Now, the remote start side of the harness and instructions, it says to cut the wire from the ignition to the starter and splice the purple wire(on the alarm harness) to the "end going to the starter motor", and the Green wire(on the alarm harness) to the "key side of the ignition". Then it says to connect the pink wire(on the alarm harness) to the "ignition wire in the vehicle". Does this mean the Pink and Green wires will be hooked up together? or, does the pink wire turn on my accessories that come on with the key on, since it says "Ignition Output"? And do I have to cut the starter wire to install the remote start? Is there somewhere I can disconnect the starter wire and the put the remote start wiring in line with the starter wire, so I don't have to splice the starter wire if I ever take the remote start out? Thanks for the help in advanced. I could get everything else figured out okay, but this one I figured I should get some help on.

My suggestion, if possible, never cut and splice into a wire unless there is no other way.  If you can series it in at the connection, instead of cutting a wire.  Unless like I said, it is not accessable or you can not hide it that way. 
     Just my .02 cents.
#1: The easiest and most obvious solution to any problem is 99% of the time correct.
#2: There is no such thing as impossible, it just takes longer.
  74 k10, 77k10    Tom