Author Topic: Get to know fellow 73-87ChevyTrucks.com members!(NO Replies)  (Read 254402 times)

Offline FULLBORE CUSTOM

• New Users
Re: Get to know fellow 73-87ChevyTrucks.com members!(NO Replies)
« Reply #60 on: June 24, 2003, 07:34:00 PM »
Hey everyone My Name is Cale and I am 17 almost 18.  I live in Northern Maine, Caribou to be exact, I live about 15 miles from the Canada Border.  I have worked at a stinky old redemption center for 3 years now and i have been sinking all of my cash into my first car and 83 el camino which i have entered in many local car shows and trophied in all of them.  
I have gotten tired of the camino and i am going to use it as a daily summer driver.  
I have already graduated and in September I will be heading to Wyoming Technicle Institute.  I'm taking their Automotive class as well as buissness management and High performance engines and chassis fabication class.
When i get back i will begin building my 84 c10 the only problem is all i have is a cab and nose.  i'm looking for a 2wd frame and fleetside short bed box.  I plan to Air Bag it, Big Block power, full hand made dash and interior, and tucking 22's.  I hope to get lots of ideas and hints from everyone.  Looking forward to talking to you all.:hat  

Offline FULLBORE CUSTOM

• New Users
« Reply #61 on: June 24, 2003, 07:37:00 PM »
Hey everyone My Name is Cale and I am 17 almost 18.  I live in Northern Maine, Caribou to be exact, I live about 15 miles from the Canada Border.  I have worked at a stinky old redemption center for 3 years now and i have been sinking all of my cash into my first car and 83 el camino which i have entered in many local car shows and trophied in all of them.  
I have gotten tired of the camino and i am going to use it as a daily summer driver.  
I have already graduated and in September I will be heading to Wyoming Technicle Institute.  I'm taking their Automotive class as well as buissness management and High performance engines and chassis fabication class.
When i get back i will begin building my 84 c10 the only problem is all i have is a cab and nose.  i'm looking for a 2wd frame and fleetside short bed box.  I plan to Air Bag it, Big Block power, full hand made dash and interior, and tucking 22's.  I hope to get lots of ideas and hints from everyone.  Looking forward to talking to you all.

Offline Chevy Joe

« Reply #62 on: July 08, 2003, 02:28:00 PM »
New here...

Hi guys. I'm new here, thought I would introduce myself
(and my truck hehe)

My name is Joe, I am 33, and live in Independence Missouri.

Thanks to your VIN info, I can also tell you a little about my
new project.

CCL146J

Chevrolet (C), Conventional Cab (C), with a 350 4 bbl. V8 (L), 10 series (1), pick-up (4), built in 1976 (6), assembled in Janesville, WI (J)

Hope to chat with you all soon!

Offline 80HULK

« Reply #63 on: July 17, 2003, 10:00:00 PM »
hey.... my name is charlie.. i live in central louisiana... i am 18 years old..... i  am a freshman in college i drive an 80 gmc..... with many many mods... i origioannly bought it when i was 15.... ever since it has been a project... lowered 3 1/2 in front and 3 in rear.... checker pro slim top bed cover....frenched in roll pan, post holes , gas tank door...(moved to fuel cell in rear ) billit grille cowl hood converted headlights to H4 setup.... killer sound system ... aluminum rims ... and clear tailights.... along with a beefy 350 pushin near 400 hp...  ( not too bad for first car  )  lol... i have pics feel free to e-mail me prophetcnf@yahoo.com... or i have yahoo messnager and AIM  my screen name is prophetcnf for the both of em... i would be glad to hear from anyone and love to see other rides.......    >D  

Offline Chevy Joe

« Reply #64 on: July 18, 2003, 01:08:00 AM »
Nice to meet you Charlie!

Offline RSBAD454

« Reply #65 on: July 18, 2003, 01:43:00 PM »
My name is Ryan, im 30 from California......between Yosemite and San Francisco. Im and Electronics Systems Tech for www.aerojet.com. and i also have a custom shop for motor swaps and custom fab work on Dumbmestics and imports. I have one Son who will also be a gear head. I own a 1986 Buick T Type Regal/ Grand National 11.88 at 118 on street tires smoking the tires almost to mid track, 1981 Chevy silverado short bed with a 433 BB :evil   , a 1989 Honda Integra i love to rev the B16A VTec to 8200 RPM and run high 14's at the track. Life is too short to sweat the small stuff......enjoy yourself now cause you never know when it will end. My hobbies include: water and snow skiing, riding dirt bikes and wave runners, working out, drag racing, working on cars, hiking and mountain biking, hittin some clubs now and then.

Toys are my game

Edited by: RSBAD454  at: 9/26/06 5:02 pm
“If you're listening to a rock star in order to get your information on who to vote for, you're a bigger moron than they are.”
http://prosites-prs.homestead.com/
http://

Offline Chevy Joe

« Reply #66 on: July 19, 2003, 04:37:00 PM »
Hey Ryan.
Nice to meet you!

Offline oldskewl79

« Reply #67 on: August 05, 2003, 11:52:00 AM »
OK..here goes. I'm Jason, 31 and live in Jacksonville, FL. Been restoring a '79 Chevrolet for the past 2 years (spent about a year on the body) and it hits the paint booth in 4 weeks. By the end of October it should finish up like this: Dropped 5/7, rolling on 22" Boyd Dictators, SSBC full disc setup, 421 sbc, TH400. Once it's back from the paint shop I'll post some pics. I'm also a member of a sportruck club here in Jax... www.rcst.com. stop by if you have the time.  

Offline bagged81

« Reply #68 on: August 06, 2003, 05:20:00 PM »
Hi, my name is Jeff.........and...........I have.....an addiction. :(      I come to Chevy truck forums to feed that addiction.  I just stopped by to see what was going on.  I am 23 and live in east Tennessee.

I have a 1981 Silverado standard cab, 2 wheel drive, short bed.  I have some stuff done to it, ie air bags, wheels, custom paint and I am in the middle of restoring the interior.

Pic 1- images.snapfish.com/33834...%3A9nu0mrj
Pic 2- images.snapfish.com/33834...B387nu0mrj

Edited by: bagged81 at: 8/6/03 4:23 pm
Jeff C.
1981 Silverado - bagged, z'ed and 20's

Offline cimfth

« Reply #69 on: August 20, 2003, 08:02:00 PM »
Hi my name is AJ I am 19 yrs old and I live in the state of West Virginia (not western Virginia). I had a mint 79K20 that I rolled twice my junior year of high school. I decided to redo it and it is now titled as a 78. I am a sophmore in college majoring in Forest Resource Managment.  In my spare time I like to hunt fish and ride my 80 Yamaha IT 425. (Like a YZ). Anyhow I think this is a great site with a lot of cool people

Offline silveradude

• New Users
« Reply #70 on: September 02, 2003, 09:00:00 AM »
I'm in Nova Scotia

My buddies and I have 7 of these trucks, quite a mixture.. 1/2 tons and 3/4 tons, 2 and 4 wheel drives, etc..

great trucks! love em!

Offline DnStClr

« Reply #71 on: September 05, 2003, 03:41:00 PM »
H'lo all. My name is Don and I am an old guy too at 55.I live in middle Tennessee near Columbia. I just bought an 87 Chevy C10. It's primered and has an 86 carb'd 350 motor with Edelbrock carb and intake.It looks like the tranny is a TH400. It slips.Especially in Reverse. it has a rusty dual exhaust system with glasspaks. There's no radio. The interior is torn blue vinyl and most guage lights are inop. As a matter of fact, most of the guages are also inop! I don't know how fast i'm going or how much gas I have.The air conditioning clutch is frozen up, the fan shroud is MIA, the headlights are misaligned, and the shocks and tires are worn out. I have no door key.:D
I really like this truck. But it needs a little work. :lol               I also drive a 2002 Chevy Duramax in my spare time. It hauls my 30.5 foot fifth wheel '5'er.  I'm a grandpa and it's a good life!
I know where Tallmadge Ohio is. Right next to Akron :smokin  
.Seeya.

Edited by: DnStClr at: 9/5/03 2:47 pm
Don
87 Chevy Silverado

Offline aprostocetus

• New Users
« Reply #72 on: September 11, 2003, 03:07:00 PM »
Newby here. My name is Ron and I'm from western Virginia(not West Virginia). I just bought a 77 1/2 ton longbed pickup with a 350 crate engine, 6" spring lift and 3" body lift. I'm44 yrs. old so it can be a challenge just getting in the dang thing much less workiing on it! But it does need some work so I may be picking you all's brains in the future.

Offline Schinny2

• New Users
« Reply #73 on: September 11, 2003, 04:36:00 PM »
HI, I'm a newbie too

I have the following trucks

1-1981 k30, 1 ton  4x4 ,454, 400 tranny , 205 transfer case, dana 60 front, 14 bolt full floater rear ,3.73 gears

1-1983 k30 , 1 ton 4x4 ,454, dually, 4speed ,205 transfer case ,dana 60 front , 14 bolt full floater rear ,4.11 gears

1-1983 k20 3/4 ton ,4x4, 350, 4 seed, 208 transfer case , dana 44 front ,14 bolt full floater rear ,4.11 gears ( axles out of a 78 3/4 ton )

2- 1996 s-10 blazer 4 doors 4x4 4.3 (mom's rigs)

1- wife and one great 19 month son

We live in Wisconsin by the Mississippi River

Offline ozbob

• New Users
« Reply #74 on: September 15, 2003, 01:30:00 AM »
Hi,
 I'm Bob and own a 79 single cab C-30 dually with a 454. I'm 54 years old and I live in Australia though I am originally from Massachusetts and moved here way back in 1971 after discovering this place while on R&R from Vietnam... (USMC) I imported the truck from California and needless to say the biggest part of my rebuilding project was converting the truck to right hand drive...!!! I'm still working on it and still have a way to go before it's running but I'm enjoying every bit of it except for the time frame involved in getting parts sent down here from the States..!!  I also ride a Harley FLH Dresser and my wife rides a Sportster....

Cheers everyone..

Bob