Author Topic: Get to know fellow 73-87ChevyTrucks.com members!(NO Replies)  (Read 252802 times)

Offline Blazin

• Blazin new trails!
  • Global Moderator
Re: Get to know fellow 73-87ChevyTrucks.com members!(NO Replies)
« Reply #30 on: July 14, 2002, 11:52:00 PM »
Hey Jim ever heard of Arcanum Ohio? I have a budy that grew up there. I went home with him once, nice part of the country. reminds me of Vermont without the mountains.

Some people are like Slinkies. Not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs

Offline JIM

« Reply #31 on: July 15, 2002, 07:16:00 AM »
Can't say I have heard of that town.  What part of Ohio is it in?

Offline Blazin

• Blazin new trails!
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #32 on: July 15, 2002, 11:13:00 PM »
North West, Not to far from Greenville mabey 40 miles or so. Ive only been there that one time. That was 16 years ago!

Some people are like Slinkies. Not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs

Offline 79SilveradoK30

« Reply #33 on: July 23, 2002, 10:08:00 PM »
Well, I'm Eric, from Isanti, Minnesota. I'm going into into high-school in a couple months. My pride and joy is a beat-up 1979 Silverado K30 4WD, that's loaded with options and a few custom aftermarket parts. Hoping to restore it soon.

Offline cpegasus

« Reply #34 on: July 24, 2002, 08:57:00 AM »
HI all I'm Carol I live in Spokane WA work in a machine shop running CNCs not married not single have a 7 yr old son (who thinks moms truck is cool) my 77 K10 is my everyday driver and one of my projects ( in the last month or 2 it has gotten headers and duel exhaust a new cd stereo with woofer a split bench seat out of a 98 z71 and a whole bunch of other lil things like gaskets and brakes because it sat for 3 yrs before I got it) when I have time I ride a 79 honda goldwing also have a 78 El Camino a 88 s10 blazer and a 79 280zx (my other halfs project) we fish hunt and are working on putting a new house on 20 acers oh and play on the computer allot

nice to meet all of you
Carol

Offline cpegasus

« Reply #35 on: July 24, 2002, 08:58:00 AM »
oh yes Im cpegasus on yahoo as well
Carol

Offline 79BONANZA

« Reply #36 on: August 15, 2002, 05:59:00 AM »
Hi, my name is Jim and I'm currently living in San Antonio.  I'm originally from the Ozark's in southern Missouri.  I'm 34 years old and married with a 14 year old son who will be getting  chevy of his own in a couple of years.  I traveled alot early on (Joined the Marines after high school for 8 years) and finally settled down here.  I work part time in a childrens hospital to pay the bills, and do light contruction work on the side to buy cool toys with.  My latest cool toy being my 1979 Bonanza, bought a couple of months ago for $800 as a work truck and the more I work the more I restore it.  Just dropped a rebuilt 350 into it with headers and flowmasters, 600cfm edelbrock, and the aluminum performer intake.  Just finished all of the body work on it and waiting on my next couple of side jobs so I can paint it.  Did the body work myself, so I need to pick a light color (haha) Any suggestions?

dang

« Reply #37 on: August 15, 2002, 12:52:00 PM »
Dan here. 26 years old. I live close to St. Louis and I am currently in school for mass communications. I own a 79 2wd Blazer. Its been lowered 2" all around. Great truck. Most reliable auto I have ever had. Getting ready to put a 350 in it and get rid of the slow 305. I also own a vw jetta that runs on veggie oil. Someday, I would like to put a diesel in my Blazer to run that on grease as well. So much to do, so little time (and money).

Offline NEMESIS81

« Reply #38 on: August 15, 2002, 06:21:00 PM »
whats up my name is miguel mata and im 22 yrs old. not married yet but i might as well be. my friends and i started a truck club called Nemesis Truck Club which is for Chevys only! im from chandler, az and i have an 81 scottsdale pickup thats on 18inch budnik pentacles and bagged. it has a 350 with a few goodies like an edelbrock manifold and carb. i also have an 84 blazer 4x4 that i just ripped the stock 305 out of cause it just didnt have enough balls to it so im putting in a 350. i herculined the whole interior floor and put new seats in. im planning on installing a 4 inch lift on it and squeezing some 35's in.

Offline Blazin

• Blazin new trails!
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #39 on: August 15, 2002, 10:20:00 PM »
How do you like the Herculiner? That stuff is cool. "Squezing" I have a 3" lift in my 81 Blazer and run 35"s No prob. The tires mashed the sheet metal out of the way just enough.

Offline fanman

• New Users
« Reply #40 on: August 18, 2002, 06:04:00 PM »
My name is Ryan, and I live in Michigan (Auburn to be specific). I'm a 15 year old student and work at a bar washing dishes. I own a 1983 C10 with a 250 straight six and a 3 speed manual. I also own a 1977 Trans-Am...but that's a whole other thread.

Offline 79350pu

« Reply #41 on: August 18, 2002, 11:50:00 PM »
Hi. I'm Rick from Southern Cal, in Leucadia, to be more specific. I'm married and have a teenage son, so I get a little help on my trucks. I have two trucks - a '79 K10, just rebuilt the 350, and an '80 K30 dually single cab, that someday I might restore.  Well, I can't lie - I also have an '85 Ford dually that I tow our fifth wheel with.  The one I like the best is the K10. I'm restoring that one now. My other ride is a '90 300ZX and a longboard for the Leucadia surf. Oh yeah, Tom, I noticed you're with the Hurricane Hunters; I was a flight electrician on the Constellation for the Navy. I don't know what kind of planes you have now. This is a good board and a lot of good people on it - we rule!  I appreciate all the info being shared.  Rick.

Offline shushok

« Reply #42 on: August 23, 2002, 09:40:00 PM »
Hi my name is Garrett I live in southern GA. Im 38 and A   master tech transmission builer for Chrysler (can I use that word here ? ) I have  A 75 chevy SWB half ton  thats A factory 454 truck its original unrestored but A dailey driver  A total restoration will be started this winter Ive been collecting parts for months nice too meet the rest of you!  

82ChevySWB4X4

« Reply #43 on: August 31, 2002, 11:53:00 AM »
My name is Don.  I'm 39 and live in Bentonville, Arkansas, in the extreme NW corner of the state.  We are the people who brought you Wal-Mart.

I build houses, Frame and Trim, for all those Wal-Mart Executives.  Please shop at Wal-Mart often.  :)

I own, as you have probably guessed by now, an 82 Chevy Scottsdale SWB 4X4 that I have had for years.  When I started the truck up the 1st time, it disappeared in a cloud of smoke.  (A lady nearby actually thought it was on fire and called the fire department)  I drove it home and jerked out the 305 that was in it.  I had a 383 that I was going to put in a stock car, but ended up toning it down and put it in the truck instead.

This truck is my primary work vehicle.  It's loaded down with tools and pulls a trailer every day.  I'm not sure the trailer will even detach, anymore...

One of these days I plan on doing a frame up restoration, if I can just get that darned trailer unhooked...

Edited by: 82ChevySWB4X4 at: 8/31/02 3:54:43 pm

Offline LOHRTBT

« Reply #44 on: September 21, 2002, 08:49:00 AM »
Hey guys, like I stated previously, I just remembered my password to login! haha pretty good huh!?
My name is Dave and I live in OKC. I am married with one child and currently work for the electric company in customer service. I spend most of my time washing my truck or my wife's car, detailing or playin around the house doing the usual stuff you know. :)

I plan on being around here a lot more now that I can post. haha  Just had a lot going on in my life lately. Glad to see we have so many new members and a couple of okc'ers as well. :)

1986 Chevy SWB
LOHRTBT

- 4/6 Drop
- Custom Paint
- 20x8.5 Centerline Lexi IV's
- Shaved Handles,Locks, Rail, Emblems, Tailgate, Cargo, Bumpers, Inner Doors, etc.
- GM Crate 350 Deluxe
- New 700R4 with stage II shift kit
- All Tweed Interior
- Custom sound system
- Full Phantom Billet Grille
- CheckMate Hard Tonneau Color Matched
- APC White Faced Gauges