Author Topic: Bed to Cab alignment  (Read 2149 times)

Offline mercado1211

• Registered Users
Bed to Cab alignment
« on: May 10, 2019, 01:33:47 AM »
I think I have an issue, I have a a 79 short bed c10 that I am trying to get the vertical bed gaps the same and it just doesn’t seem to be happening. Its about an inch on the passenger side and an inch and a half on the drivers side. I just changed out the cab mounts on it for horizontal bed to cab alignment but am stumped as far as vertical gap. I put jack  stands leveled out on all 4 corners and for the most part the frame doesn’t seem too bad. The drivers side front jackstand did float about an eighth of an inch from the frame while the other three made contact. The truck does lean to the passengers side about 3/4 of an inch off fender. I did jack up the drooping side and it seems to have corrected  the droop instead of raising the opposite side, which I assume is a good thing. Still though, why can’t I adjust these bed gaps? The frame looks good appearance wise, could it be bent which does not allow the bed gaps to get closer? The bed measures 99 1/2 inches diagonally one way and 100 inches the other, it has a bit of a diamond shape. Could that be it?

Man any input would be appreciated

Thanks.,

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
1984 k10 LWB
1984 k5
1979 C10 SWB