Author Topic: TBI Wont spray fuel, no check engine light with key on and engine not running?  (Read 2228 times)

Offline The_Joe

Just put the engine back into my 89 Suburban.  I have swapped a manual 4 speed into the truck in place of the 700R4.

I am not completely sure the check engine light worked when I parked the truck, but I believe that it did.  I am guessing it was something that didnt get plugged back in or something silly, but I would love some help. 

The timing light indicates spark and spraying a little either in makes it run.  Watching the injectors they do not try to spray at all, but the pink wire shows 12 volts. 

Where should I start?

Offline Irish_Alley

• Tim
  • Global Moderator
  • Family is not an important thing. It's everything.
the injectors get the signal to fire from the distributor but lets start with the basics.
do you hear the fuel pump running when you first turn the key on?
if you apply a 9v battery to the injector do you hear it click?
pink wire on the injector shows 12v? is it a constant or is it the pulse?
check the icm on the distributor and make sure both plugs are plugged in

really dont think its the injectors due to i dont see both going bad at the same time
« Last Edit: June 04, 2015, 06:57:10 PM by Irish_Alley »
If you can’t tell yourself the truth, who can you tell it to?~Irish_Alley

When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth ~Sherlock Holmes

Offline The_Joe

Made massive progress! 

The ECM is now powered and my check engine light is ON when the engine is OFF, which is a good thing. 

Purple and white reference wire from the distributor will cause both injectors to spray and function, so fuel system is working.  Replaced the ignition module and still no luck. 

I have spark, fuel pressure to the TB, and the computer doesn't want to believe the distributor is turning I guess.