Author Topic: 6.2 Injection Pump Swap Issues  (Read 3972 times)

Offline LegalCT

6.2 Injection Pump Swap Issues
« on: August 04, 2018, 11:13:51 PM »
Chevy C10 w/ 6.2L Diesel and 700R4 trans

Recently had to swap the IP on my 6.2 due to hot start issues, and since the swap there are a couple of new problems. It’s a c-code engine with the stock intake, and it’s a standard rebuilt DB2 pump that we used. Nothing apart from the pump has changed except the vacuum line for the EGR valve is unhooked and plugged.
Firstly, in order to get the thing to idle relatively decent, we had to advance the timing a fair bit, and I’m assuming that’s why the thing dumps black smoke under mid to heavy throttle now. The truck almost never smoked before the swap and I really don’t like rolling coal all over traffic just taking off from a light, but if I pull the timing back at all it runs real rough, and shakes a ton.
Secondly, there is a weird throttle position wherein it kicks the RPM up a bit. It’s a spot about low to mid throttle, and it happens in the same place every time whether accelerating or decelerating. It’s very annoying because it’s right where I need to be for cruising speeds. I’ve been searching around and the only thing I could find that might be the issue would be the TV Cable. Anyone know if that could cause this? If so how would I go about fixing it? How to set it correctly or replace it.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2018, 11:25:42 PM by LegalCT »

Offline Irish_Alley

• Tim
  • Global Moderator
  • Family is not an important thing. It's everything.
Re: 6.2 Injection Pump Swap Issues
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2018, 11:49:14 AM »
take a look in our manuals
more specifically
If you can’t tell yourself the truth, who can you tell it to?~Irish_Alley

When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth ~Sherlock Holmes

Offline fitz

Re: 6.2 Injection Pump Swap Issues
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2018, 01:14:04 PM »
Who rebuilt the pump?