Author Topic: 1/2 studs on 6 lug front axle  (Read 1919 times)

Offline rusty_but_trusty_86

• mudder on high school budget
1/2 studs on 6 lug front axle
« on: January 16, 2014, 09:41:18 AM »
does anyone know the part number or where to get 1/2" front wheel studs for the 6 lug front axles instead of the crappy 7/16" studs? My girlfriends truck is running 36" super swampers and is snapping the 7/16" studs like nothing. I know for a fact that it is possible because i have the same exact truck as her (same year and model, both 1/2 tons) and have the six lug front axle, and mine is running 1/2" ARP hardened wheel studs, i just dont know where to get em. any help is greatly appreciated. thank you
ashes to ashes...dust to dust... if it weren't for your ford...my tools would rust!

Offline dvdswan

• Frequent Member
Re: 1/2 studs on 6 lug front axle
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2014, 11:12:57 AM »
did you try summitracing or jegs?

Offline bake74

• Build Thread
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2014, 08:22:38 PM »
     Do a google search.  I just found about 6 different sources, you will have to put in your info on your truck and see which one's you want.
#1: The easiest and most obvious solution to any problem is 99% of the time correct.
#2: There is no such thing as impossible, it just takes longer.
  74 k10, 77k10    Tom

Offline Irish_Alley

• Tim
  • Global Moderator
  • Family is not an important thing. It's everything.
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2014, 11:00:12 PM »
i cant say for sure what stud size my buddy has but before i gave him a set of ¾ ton axles he had ½ ton on his k5 with 36" and after thoses got slashed he put on 38s" and those 38" got put  on his 89 k1500 once he got the ¾ ton axles under the k5. didnt have a problem with studs, matter of fact he was mudding with 4 lugs on the ¾ ton with 44" for some odd reason
If you can’t tell yourself the truth, who can you tell it to?~Irish_Alley

When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth ~Sherlock Holmes