Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30

* Search

* Top Boards

As of April 1, 2008 All Classified forums require a Site Supporter subscription.  It is only $25 per year and you can buy and sell whatever you like on the forum.  To become a Site Supporter, go to your profile and select "Paid Subscriptions" or use the following link: http://forum.73-87chevytrucks.com/smforum/index.php?action=profile;sa=subscriptions

Welcome to 73-87chevytrucks.com

73-87chevytrucks.com is not only a forum we are also a vendor for a variety of parts both replacement and custom. Check out our store at 73-87chevytrucks.com Online Store

73-87chevytrucks Social Network

We are also on Facebook so give us a like to the page if you like what you see: http://www.facebook.com/7387chevytrucks

Follow us on Instagram at https://www.instagram.com/7387chevytrucks

Follow us on Twitter at https://twitter.com/7387chevytrucks

73-87chevytrucks Merchandise

Looking for a shirt, cap hoodie or anything else with our logo, check out or Cafepress site or our Spreadshirt site

December 14, 2017, 06:15:53 PM by Brady | Views: 97 | Comments: 6

Hi guys.  I have a '73 K-10 that I had a guy rebuild the Quadrajet carburetor on.  I had him seal the plugs in the bottom of the bowl with epoxy, because I would have to prime it to start if it had been sitting for more than a couple of days.

Now, it is much better, but he told me that I should get a fuel filter with an anti drainback valve and that Advance Auto could order them, but didn't have them in stock.  Only one older clerk knew anything about them and ordered the one that he thought it was, but when it came it didn't have that valve.

Does anyone know the details of getting one of those?

TIA,
Brady
December 14, 2017, 09:58:29 AM by Ed4all10 | Views: 47 | Comments: 1

Hello, First post here. Trying to hunt down a slow leak on my 86 305 Scottsdale. Long story short, the leak came out of nowhere. I have not driven the truck in 3 weeks and yesterday while installing new shocks, I noticed a slow leak. Its garage kept and the floor never ahowed anything until today. Thw only thing ai can think is that  My kids were playing in the truck a few days ago turning the steering wheel while the truck was off. If one were to turn the wheel to each extreme while the truck was off and stationary, would this somehow cause a power steering leak? Thanks in advance.
December 13, 2017, 03:56:01 PM by stepsidesquare | Views: 86 | Comments: 4

Does anyone happen to know a decent wheel that gives the pro touring look but won't break the bank? I'm about to go the coilover route and the boss 338s just aren't doing it

Sent from my LG-M153 using Tapatalk

December 12, 2017, 07:44:45 PM by a.graham52 | Views: 149 | Comments: 7

I'm in need of some help from anyone who knows the workings of the ccc setup. I'll be honest it's not a c10 truck (but I do have one) and no one seems to have an idea on the gbody forum. so I came here for the number of users for your advice.

I just had a Rochester 210 rebuilt by J&J last week. the 210 is supposed to be identical to a ccc quad without the secondaries. it's on an 85 oldsmobile cutlass with a 3.8 and it will not stop stumbling off idle.
I'll give a good example... there's snow on the ground and I will gently apply throttle so as not to spin the tires, the engine will load up a bit, car will start to move, stumble, and then tires break free.

if contacted j&j and it will require shipping the carb back to them in Cali from Maine. I'm trying to avoid this as this car is what's keeping my c10 off the road out of the salt. I have an understanding of fuel Injection and also how a cc part of the carb works and the relation between the oxygen sensor and mc solenoid.

what I have done in no particular order:
checked for vacuum leaks
verieif timing
cap, rotor, plugs, wires
adjusted idle mix to achieve 30 dwell (using vintage analog meter)
adjusted mc solenoid couple turns rich and couple turns lean
verfied choke fully opens and also evaluated concern after driving 10 miles.
swapped accel pump for more aggressive unit.
adjusted tps sensor to .41-.46v

can duplicate while powerbraking
I'm at a loss for as I don't have total knowledge of the system or a known good vehicle to compare to.
Halogin13
December 12, 2017, 09:59:53 AM by Halogin13
Views: 96 | Comments: 2

As always, thank you all for your willingness to share your knowledge..

Pulled off my wheel to work on my rear brake drums, which was swapped to a full floating axle. I noticed some lateral play, like in and out towards an away from the differential on the axle. Is this a symptom of a bad wheel bearing ? There is no noise, ...
Pages: [1]

* Recent Posts

* Top Poster

Captkaos Captkaos
18051 Posts
VileZambonie VileZambonie
16361 Posts
Irish_Alley Irish_Alley
12228 Posts
zieg85 zieg85
6609 Posts
Blazin Blazin