Author Topic: 87 tbi fuel pump issue  (Read 5484 times)

Offline Irish_Alley

• Tim
  • Global Moderator
  • Family is not an important thing. It's everything.
Re: 87 tbi fuel pump issue
« Reply #15 on: June 28, 2018, 11:26:29 AM »
"not original"? what motor do you have?
If you can’t tell yourself the truth, who can you tell it to?~Irish_Alley

When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth ~Sherlock Holmes

Offline bake315

• Frequent Member
« Reply #16 on: June 29, 2018, 08:47:02 AM »
...they turned me down because it's not the "original motor" or original computer...

Business must be so good they can just turn people away.  Please let us know what it turns out to be.  I'm dealing with a similar issue, which might involve the selector switch previously mentioned in this post.
• '73 Cheyenne Super C20 454/400 http://forum.73-87chevytrucks.com/smforum/index.php?topic=7672.0
• ’79 Scottsdale K10 350/NP208/SM465 “Oscar” http://forum.73-87chevytrucks.com/smforum/index.php?topic=37885.0
• ’87 Custom Deluxe R30 350/400 “Felix”

Offline R10dailydriver

« Reply #17 on: June 29, 2018, 10:37:04 AM »
It's the 350 tbi, they're just being stupid. People are so dang lazy these days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Irish_Alley

• Tim
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #18 on: June 29, 2018, 12:29:45 PM »
Lol yeah it's probably better they turned you away then to try and work on your truck, they might have replaced the transmission to fix your issue

When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth ~Sherlock Holmes

Offline Irish_Alley

• Tim
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #19 on: June 29, 2018, 12:32:16 PM »
Did you ever jump the relay via the red wire?

Offline R10dailydriver

« Reply #20 on: July 03, 2018, 01:54:03 AM »
So... lol, I took it to a different shop. The guy calls me 2 hours later and says he's got it running great! I get there and he tell me he pulled the ignition fuse out (which I checked a few times ) and it didn't look bad to him but for heck of it he tested it anyway and it turned out to be bad. Then he plugged a new one in and the truck still wouldn't start so he shines a flashlight in the fuse plug, it's corroded, he cleaned it up and plugged the new fuse in and she fired right up. A little embarrassing but hey it's my first project truck and I'm glad I learned from a small thing like that! Hopefully any of y'all with truck problems get as lucky as me and have a simple fix. Thanks for all of your input!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk