Author Topic: Got ol girl fired up  (Read 4780 times)

Offline Irish_Alley

• Tim
  • Global Moderator
  • Family is not an important thing. It's everything.
Re: Got ol girl fired up
« Reply #15 on: June 06, 2018, 02:55:22 PM »
the year is kind of hard to figure out but the title and vin say 79. so.... ::) anywho, it was pushing 40's in that picture with a 14 bolt FF and dana 44. after snapping a few front axle shafts (even with 38s) i switch to a locker and havnt had any more issues with the axle shafts "knock on wood". ive also ran 44s with no issue after the locker. setup is 350 465/205 and 4.10, i used to run it on the streets but i took it off because i felt like it was a danger due to the frame being cracked and bad brakes. could be fixed but i have too many trucks now on the road so she'll stay on the dirt roads for now
« Last Edit: June 06, 2018, 02:59:12 PM by Irish_Alley »
If you can’t tell yourself the truth, who can you tell it to?~Irish_Alley

When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth ~Sherlock Holmes

Offline roadrunnerkitten

Re: Got ol girl fired up
« Reply #16 on: June 09, 2018, 08:23:43 PM »
the year is kind of hard to figure out but the title and vin say 79. so.... ::) anywho, it was pushing 40's in that picture with a 14 bolt FF and dana 44. after snapping a few front axle shafts (even with 38s) i switch to a locker and havnt had any more issues with the axle shafts "knock on wood". ive also ran 44s with no issue after the locker. setup is 350 465/205 and 4.10, i used to run it on the streets but i took it off because i felt like it was a danger due to the frame being cracked and bad brakes. could be fixed but i have too many trucks now on the road so she'll stay on the dirt roads for now
Trail ridin here we go

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk