Author Topic: Updates since I was here last  (Read 2236 times)

Offline 78 Chevyrado

• Z62 ON-ROAD
    • My Photobucket Site
Updates since I was here last
« on: October 19, 2018, 03:21:26 AM »
Been a little while since I was on here, Figured I'd show yall some of what I've done to the old truck.

The black Stripes on the side trim needed painting, and I found an easy way to do it while giving more night visibility.  I used some of the new 3M Black Reflective tape 1/4" wide.  it fit almost just right, and during the day it's actually black like new paint!  I also put some black vinyl on the grille bowtie to change it up a bit after 10 years...lol

Interior hasn't changed much, but I did find a decent dash cover for it.  My dash is still good, but since I daily drive it now I bought one to keep it good.  Even the music from the center speaker comes right through it with no muffling.

I put my air horns on it, they're all four mounted under the hood on the LH inner fender.  compressor is on the rh inner fender and 5 gallon air tank is under the bed.  I also found a brake air gauge from an 80's c60 to put in my cluster for the horns.

My AC compressor died so I redid the whole system with a sanden 4618 compressor.  it uses the stock AC lines, I just bought some brackets for it that go on the water pump.

Last pic is the CS-144 alternator upgrade.  You just have to slot the oe bracket hole on the intake manifold and it goes right in.  My alt died one day and since the camaro isnt running i took the one off it to play with and see if it would work, and it does. 

Kenny

1978 C-20, 350/400, 3.73, Graystone Metallic, Raceline Renegade 8 Wheels - 18x8.5, 275/70R18 BFG KO's

Offline 78 Chevyrado

• Z62 ON-ROAD
    • My Photobucket Site
Re: Updates since I was here last
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2018, 03:22:05 AM »
Last few pics
Kenny

1978 C-20, 350/400, 3.73, Graystone Metallic, Raceline Renegade 8 Wheels - 18x8.5, 275/70R18 BFG KO's

Offline fitz

« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2018, 04:08:32 AM »
Welcome back. The truck looks great.
Did you ever decide what to do about a new motor for it?
What happened  to the  camaro?

Offline 78 Chevyrado

• Z62 ON-ROAD
    • My Photobucket Site
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2018, 03:54:23 AM »
Welcome back. The truck looks great.
Did you ever decide what to do about a new motor for it?
What happened  to the  camaro?

I been working  alot, usually 6 days a week before the wreck.  Then after the wreck I was home a lot but couldn't do anything, so the cars and house are way behind on neglect.  I'm just now back to where I can play catch up on em.

The truck engine depends on what insurance i end up getting.  minimum engine for the truck will be approx 320hp crate engine, just has to have a roller cam.  I want the one with 435hp and 475tq. but it'll need exhaust and EFI.  I may end up putting MPFI on it with either engine.

I took the money i got for the impala and put it into the camaro.  I thought that it would be done and over by doing that.  It got a new trans, fuel pump, a/c, and a couple other things i can't remember right now.  but it cost a lot because I had it all done at the shop since i couldn't physically do it at the time.  now it needs an engine.  back before the wreck,  I cranked it up one day and didn't notice it had no oil psi for 2 or 3 minutes.  ran it too long and got a rod knock.   Turns out the problem was the oil pump drive gear had worn out and stripped some teeth off and wasnt spinning the oil pump.  i got it apart and fixed it, and it had no noises and ran fine, but then after the trans was in i got to drive it about 150 miles before it started ticking, then quickly turned into a knocking.  so oit needs an engine.  but after i get the engine, evberything else is done and it's basically a new car.  I got all the interior stuff done alreasy.  just needs a shortblock and distributor and I'm good to go.  Bad part is i may have to pay to have it done, because I dont think im up to doing an engine swap right now.
Kenny

Offline Stewart G Griffin

« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2019, 12:27:32 PM »
Looks good.